Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

Firmware 6.2.44 issues

Yes I agree, now when my iris changes it sounds awful. Like someone has put sand into the iris blades. RED has so much going on right now that they may take a bit to fix this. I have confidence that they will fix this in a new firmware at some point. But I have some 2nd unit coming up that I would love to use my Nikon glass since it covers full 6K on my Weapon and I fear failure!
 
Yes I agree, now when my iris changes it sounds awful. Like someone has put sand into the iris blades. RED has so much going on right now that they may take a bit to fix this. I have confidence that they will fix this in a new firmware at some point. But I have some 2nd unit coming up that I would love to use my Nikon glass since it covers full 6K on my Weapon and I fear failure!

It is a horrible sound. Do you think this can damage the lens or the mount?

I am happy that I can use 6.0.xx with my SD which works ok. Weapon only runs 6.1.xx upwards and Scarlet-W 6.2.xx upwards.
 
Hey Andre

ANY NEWS on this and the new firmware released today ?

I don't see it on the list of improvements for 6.2.55
 
Hey Andre

ANY NEWS on this and the new firmware released today ?

I don't see it on the list of improvements for 6.2.55

Hey Adrian,

No news at all. From the given firmware info it doesn't look like anything changed for us :-/

I have to use my camera a lot the upcoming weeks, so I probably won't try the firmware. Don't want to risk any issues.

Maybe someone else will give it a try? But honestly, I don't think anything changed. As long as there is no info about Nikon in the release info, nothing happened.

Good that you asked Jarred directly, maybe he will respond to it.
 
I was contacted by a rep regarding my service request on this issue informing me of the firmware upgrade. However it states: "You cannot downgrade an EPIC or SCARLET DRAGON to earlier than v5.3.49, v6.0.44 or v6.2.25 after upgrading to v6.2.55." Since my Nikon mount lenses behave nicely on v6.0.44 I can't risk upgrading to test it. I have work to do in the next couple of weeks. If I could rollback, I'd be happy to try it. However, if I'm parsing this correctly, we can't roll back to 6.0.44 after this upgrade. Do I have this right?
 
I was contacted by a rep regarding my service request on this issue informing me of the firmware upgrade. However it states: "You cannot downgrade an EPIC or SCARLET DRAGON to earlier than v5.3.49, v6.0.44 or v6.2.25 after upgrading to v6.2.55." Since all my Nikon mount lenses behave nicely on v6.0.44 I can't risk upgrading to test it. I have work to do in the next couple of weeks. If I could rollback, I'd be happy to try it. However, if I'm parsing this correctly, we can't roll back to 6.0.44 after this upgrade. Do I have this right?

You can downgrade to 6.0.44, you can't downgrade to anything earlier than 6.0.44.

The release notes say:
You cannot downgrade an EPIC or SCARLET DRAGON to earlier than v5.3.49, v6.0.44 or v6.2.25 after upgrading to v6.2.55.
 
Cool, thanks Trent. The construction of that sentence is a little confusing. I read it as you cannot downgrade to (< v5.4.49 ) OR (v6.0.44) OR (v6.2.55). I will upgrade and report back to the thread.
 
If you are experiencing an unusual sound with your Nikon lenses with the Nikon lens mount, please contact/re-contact RED support.
 
The same problems persist with the Nikon Mount in the 6.2.55 firmware upgrade. For my use on a Scarlet Dragon, it amounts to losing control of the aperture for Zeiss ZF2s, Nikon 70-200 and the Tokina 11-16. I will report the details back to support. I could not say that the sounds coming from the lenses when the camera took control of the lens on mounting it were unusual, maybe louder but not significantly to my ear.

I was able to successfully roll back to 6.0.44 and the lens functionality was restored.
 
The same problems persist with the Nikon Mount in the 6.2.55 firmware upgrade. For my use, it amounts to losing control of the aperture for Zeiss ZF2s, Nikon 70-200 and the Tokina 11-16. I will report the details back to support. I could not say that the sounds coming from the lenses when the camera took control of the lens on mounting it were unusual, maybe louder but not significantly to my ear.

I was able to successfully roll back to 6.0.44 and the lens functionality was restored.

Thank Hugh for testing!

I got a mail from RED support yesterday, saying that they got a bunch of Nikon lenses for testing. It looks like things are moving for us Nikon users :-)
 
Thanks, Andre. That's good news that they're on it. I'm sure they'll knock it out soon. Until then, we're good on v6.0.44
 
I get no Sigma 20mm 1.4 iris love on the old firmware. Thinking that perhaps no sigma lenses work, but I only have that one to test.

I have a Sigma 18-35 1.8, no iris love as well. It worked on 5.3.29, after that it stopped :-/
 
Andre

I'm on 6.0.44 and my Sigma 18-35mm 1.8 is working fine......

That is strange. I just tested it again, in case I missed something. But no iris control, it's locked at f1.8, I can choose others, but nothing happens and it still stays 1.8 in yellow. I am on 6.0.46.

Hmmm, I have no idea. Weird.

Thanks for letting me know!

sigma_on_red_fstop_issue.jpg
 
Andre

maybe try winding back to 6.0.44

I suppose the only question is if the mounts firmware can be re-installed ?
 
Is there anyone else out there using the Nikon mounts on the latest firmware and everything is fine ?
 
Back
Top