Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

Exchanging red one for epic ff35

George A.

Well-known member
Joined
Apr 11, 2007
Messages
1,965
Reaction score
0
Points
36
Location
New York City, NY
Website
www.eastrentals.com
Dear Jim,

I am one of those people who would rather wait for the Epic 6K FF35. What I'd like to do, is upgrade my RED ONE to Mysterium-X, then exchange it for the FF35 when it comes out.

I know you stated several times that you can exchange the RED ONE for whatever EPIC you prefer - be it Epic-X, Epic FF35, 645 etc. I hope this is still a valid option.

I looked through the many posts since yesterday and I couldn't find an official confirmation (my apologies if I missed it). Could someone from RED confirm this is still true?

Thanks and all the best!
George
 
Dear Jim,

I am one of those people who would rather wait for the Epic 6K FF35. What I'd like to do, is upgrade my RED ONE to Mysterium-X, then exchange it for the FF35 when it comes out.

I know you stated several times that you can exchange the RED ONE for whatever EPIC you prefer - be it Epic-X, Epic FF35, 645 etc. I hope this is still a valid option.

I looked through the many posts since yesterday and I couldn't find an official confirmation (my apologies if I missed it). Could someone from RED confirm this is still true?

Thanks and all the best!
George

It was asked a couple of times in the announcement feedback thread, but there was no direct response yet. I'm hoping that this is still under consideration. I have two RED ONEs and would like one to be able to be traded up to the FF, with appropriate pricing, naturally....
 
Hi,

If you read the announcement, it's fairly clear. 4 options & 30 days to accept delivery when called. After that no trade in.

Stephen
 
Stephen,

The announcement refers pretty explicitly to the EPIC-X camera.

-------------
The 1st new camera to be released will be EPIC-X.* It is the reward for RED ONE owners.* It will be released in 4 stages.
-------------

Before October 30th, Jim said several times you can exchange the RED ONE for any EPIC, including the FF35.

So Stephen, how come it's so clear that there's no trade-in for the other EPICs?

George
 
So Stephen, how come it's so clear that there's no trade-in for the other EPICs?

George

Hi George,

"A RED ONE owner has one month after official notification to decide which STAGE option to select. If an option is not selected in that timeframe, the RED ONE owner will forfeit his trade-in allowance"

Seems clear enough to me.

Best Stephen
 
Yes Stephen - but only as far as EPIC-X is concerned. Remember, EPIC-X comes with bundled accessories for RED ONE owners. So if you want the EPIC-X deal, you have to choose which stage etc etc

I believe you still have the option to trade-in for the other EPICs, without the bundled accessories, as mentioned several times before.

At least, that's my take. Hopefully things haven't changed.

George
 
If you read what I quoted, you have the answer. Things change, nothing to stop you selling your upgraded brain.
 
Stephen,

You want to take a bet? :-)

Things change, but Jim is a man who keeps his word.

Let's hear it from RED, in any case.

George
 
Stephen,

You want to take a bet? :-)

Things change, but Jim is a man who keeps his word.

Let's hear it from RED, in any case.

George

How much do you want to bet?
 
ehehehe easy money.. not fair stephen
 
I am not so sure, It has been stated pretty clearly in the past that the 17.500 US$ trade in is valid for any Epic model, I have a hard time believeing that jim will go back on that... all things concidered, I am sure they will make some statement on this soon.

I can´t recall any circumstances where RED and Jim went back on their word, but changes and improvements... too many to count.

I think this is the inital lay out for trade in/ups: (with yesterdays announcement they added more options to #3)

1. Keep your RED ONE and shoot great images. Get continual free firmware upgrades.

2. Keep your RED ONE and upgrade your sensor to Mysterium-X for $4,500.

3. Trade your RED ONE in, and receive $17,500 credit, towards the purchase of an EPIC-X S35 Private Reserve package, which is only available to RED ONE customers.

4. Trade your RED ONE in, and receive $17,500 credit, towards the purchase of an EPIC FF35 Pro Cinema "Brain".

5. Trade your RED ONE in, and receive $17,500 credit, towards the purchase of an EPIC 645 Pro "Brain".

6. Trade your RED ONE in, and receive $17,500 credit, towards the purchase of an EPIC 617 Pro "Brain".

7. Keep your RED ONE and purchase a Scarlet System (one time only) with a 12% discount.
 
I am not so sure, It has been stated pretty clearly in the past that the 17.500 US$ trade in is valid for any Epic model, I have a hard time believeing that jim will go back on that... all things concidered, I am sure they will make some statement on this soon.

I can´t recall any circumstances where RED and Jim went back on their word, but changes and improvements... too many to count.

I think this is the inital lay out for trade in/ups: (with yesterdays announcement they added more options to #3)

1. Keep your RED ONE and shoot great images. Get continual free firmware upgrades.

2. Keep your RED ONE and upgrade your sensor to Mysterium-X for $4,500.

3. Trade your RED ONE in, and receive $17,500 credit, towards the purchase of an EPIC-X S35 Private Reserve package, which is only available to RED ONE customers.

4. Trade your RED ONE in, and receive $17,500 credit, towards the purchase of an EPIC FF35 Pro Cinema "Brain".

5. Trade your RED ONE in, and receive $17,500 credit, towards the purchase of an EPIC 645 Pro "Brain".

6. Trade your RED ONE in, and receive $17,500 credit, towards the purchase of an EPIC 617 Pro "Brain".

7. Keep your RED ONE and purchase a Scarlet System (one time only) with a 12% discount.

Hi Eirik,

Go back & read what was written yesterday. 4 stages, 30 days to choose with the loss of trade in if no choice is made in that 30 days. I am sure my in box would have received a message by now, if I was wrong on this point, it's not the first time I have made this observation.

I suspect that the other products may be a little bit behind schedule, arriving after stage 4, of course this is just a guess so I could be wrong.

Best,

Stephen
 
Hi all!

I see your point Stephen, but since the question has been asked several times during the last 48 hours... and no official answer from the people at Red yet, I'm still asking the question...

If it is no longer a possibility to trade in the RedOne for a FF35 Epic, then it is a change to what has been said before, and that is of course alright with me...but I still prefer having an official answer from the people at Red about this. It is a fairly important factor to consider when deciding what to do...

The answer to the question might also simply be..."we haven't decided yet"...

Kind regards
Marcus
 
Hi all!

I see your point Stephen, but since the question has been asked several times during the last 48 hours... and no official answer from the people at Red yet, I'm still asking the question...

Marcus

Hi Marcus,

The reason for their being no official answer, is IMHO it's very clearly stated, let me quote word for word.

" A RED ONE owner has one month after official notification to decide which STAGE option to select. If an option is not selected in that timeframe, the RED ONE owner will forfeit his trade-in allowance."

When I have written things in the past that RED does not like, I usually hear fairly quickly, in a matter of minutes, at multiple email addresses.

Best,

Stephen
"
 
We'll clarify remaining issues in a day or two...

Jim
 
....I am sure they will make some statement on this soon.

At least I was right about that!
:thumbup1:

Personally I plan on going for Epic-X, Tattoo if possible.
 
Yep, definitely interested in further clarifications. :) Ultimately, I want that 645 and I'm looking for the most economical route to get there.
 
Back
Top