Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

Exchanging red one for epic ff35

Yep, definitely interested in further clarifications. :) Ultimately, I want that 645 and I'm looking for the most economical route to get there.

We are in the same boat.
 
Hi Marcus,

The reason for their being no official answer, is IMHO it's very clearly stated, let me quote word for word.

" A RED ONE owner has one month after official notification to decide which STAGE option to select. If an option is not selected in that timeframe, the RED ONE owner will forfeit his trade-in allowance."

When I have written things in the past that RED does not like, I usually hear fairly quickly, in a matter of minutes, at multiple email addresses.

Best,

Stephen
"

What I think Marcus is asking is what exactly "official notification" is and when will it occur. By the serial#? Or will everybody interested in Stage 3 be notified at once after Stage 2 is completed?
I'm sure Jim will soon clarify as promised, I just wanted to make that clear because I was wondering the same since the announcement.

Personally, I'm hoping to keep Red One busy and purchase a lot of gear in the next few months. With that in mind it would be good to have some idea of when the official notification will occur so we can be ready for the 30 day trade-in program. It's important for both shoot scheduling and finance management. I mean, I don't want to take that 3 month documentary job in Timbuktu and miss the boat. ;)

Jim was right, it's a good time to be a Red One owner!
Cheers Red. :cheers2:
 
Last edited:
As Jim stated numerous times that you can exchange your RED for any EPIC, I am absolutely sure he will not disappoint anyone.

In Jim we trust!
 
As Jim stated numerous times that you can exchange your RED for any EPIC, I am absolutely sure he will not disappoint anyone.

In Jim we trust!

I think you are taking advantage of Jim's generosity. No where in the Oct 30th announcement did he say you could trade in for anything other than the Epic-x

with the top choice mysterium X sensor. Got to red.com under Epic.

:nono:
 
Chris, I seriously doubt Jim would go back on his previous words that an $17,500 allowance was issued for the trade-in of any Red One towards an epic. He also said that people could keep their R1 and get 10% off a scarlet with the serial marked executed. These are older posts, but they are there. Why would Red only allow for trade-in on the Epic-X? What about the people who bought after the October 30 cutoff? (They can only trade in for the Epic S35, which falsifies your statement of only Epic-X's being the trade-in camera. Even though the x and s35 are basically the same, they are for two separate sets of people. The s35 falls into the same category as the ff35, 645, and 617, so I don't see why the trade-in could not be extended to those cameras as well. The Epic-X is only one aspect of the Red program, and it also happens to be the first, so the announcement focused on that. But don't believe me, we'll all see in 5 days.
 
Chris, I seriously doubt Jim would go back on his previous words that an $17,500 allowance was issued for the trade-in of any Red One towards an epic. He also said that people could keep their R1 and get 10% off a scarlet with the serial marked executed. These are older posts, but they are there. Why would Red only allow for trade-in on the Epic-X? What about the people who bought after the October 30 cutoff? (They can only trade in for the Epic S35, which falsifies your statement of only Epic-X's being the trade-in camera. Even though the x and s35 are basically the same, they are for two separate sets of people. The s35 falls into the same category as the ff35, 645, and 617, so I don't see why the trade-in could not be extended to those cameras as well. The Epic-X is only one aspect of the Red program, and it also happens to be the first, so the announcement focused on that. But don't believe me, we'll all see in 5 days.

Never said I don't believe you. I was just stating that the oct. announcements only mention the Red one owners before the Oct 30 can trade for the epic-x. Im not trying to argue or prove anyone wrong.

If you go to red.com it's all there under the epic link. I thought subject to change means that if we dont mention dont expect it.


Hope I am wrong I would love to buy a one with out worrying that I will be left out of the upgrade.
:yesnod:
 
pretty sure if you buy an R1 now..you get the discounts etc. just no EPIC-X but you get the S35. So all things fair, EPIC-X is for 30 and below and above the 30 is 17,500 back for any of the other brains in the EPIC range or 12% for the scarlet range. I guess the only advantage of the EPIC-X over the others would seem to be the frame rates and the freebies to get you going but tbh...if you get a R1 body now...i see no real point if your just going to hold onto the actual body for anything other then a place in line.

If your going to use it to shoot though, then probably the minimum package is best because at the end of the day most of the accessories I'm guessing won't go towards EPIC/Scarlet as well as one would hope. I.E the top mount.
 
pretty sure if you buy an R1 now..you get the discounts etc. just no EPIC-X but you get the S35. So all things fair, EPIC-X is for 30 and below and above the 30 is 17,500 back for any of the other brains in the EPIC range or 12% for the scarlet range. I guess the only advantage of the EPIC-X over the others would seem to be the frame rates and the freebies to get you going but tbh...if you get a R1 body now...i see no real point if your just going to hold onto the actual body for anything other then a place in line.

If your going to use it to shoot though, then probably the minimum package is best because at the end of the day most of the accessories I'm guessing won't go towards EPIC/Scarlet as well as one would hope. I.E the top mount.

Maybe Jim will give more info Nov 30 announcement. Every one Ive heard expects it to be Scarlets day but I dont remember jim saying anything but more announcements will be made on Nov 30 so can be anything.

To be clear I think it will be scarlet as well.
 
Maybe Jim will give more info Nov 30 announcement. Every one Ive heard expects it to be Scarlets day but I dont remember jim saying anything but more announcements will be made on Nov 30 so can be anything.

To be clear I think it will be scarlet as well.

He did say there were a few points to clairfy.
 
bump for a quiet thread....
 
Dear Jim,

I truly hope you are not going back on your decision as far as exchanging a RED for a FF35 Epic is concerned! That would truly be a pity...

Looking forward for the good news when you have the time!
 
Back
Top