Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

EPIC-X STAGE 3 and 3.5 Now Begins...

So is it confirmed that we ll have to pay VAT on 27500 and not on 10 500 ?
How can we prove to have only pay 10500 ? i hope will find a way to dealing with this...
 
can't reach my rep.. dan baum, i'm getting a "Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:"

dan.baum@re..

Dan is my rep too; he's as snowed under as everyone else at RED, so he's sometimes taken a few hours to respond to emails, but everything I've sent has reached him. Try again, or maybe you have email problems with your ISP?

MIke
 
Hi Brent

Can you clarify - I was told in a forum post that if you have a red m-x (versus a non-mx) you get an additional discount on your epic-x if you are stage 2 but not stage 3. Can that be right - stage 2 the value of your body makes no difference as you keep your r1 but stage 3 you are giving back a body that you have paid a lot more for?????

Chris
I take it from the silence that it is right :(
 
Hi Brent

Can you clarify - I was told in a forum post that if you have a red m-x (versus a non-mx) you get an additional discount on your epic-x if you are stage 2 but not stage 3. Can that be right - stage 2 the value of your body makes no difference as you keep your r1 but stage 3 you are giving back a body that you have paid a lot more for?????

That's been the case since day one.
 
Placed a reservation for a Stage 3.5 Epic-X a moment ago. Here's hoping Dan finds the time to move my funds from RED US to RED Europe before it's too late...
 
Placed a reservation for a Stage 3.5 Epic-X a moment ago. Here's hoping Dan finds the time to move my funds from RED US to RED Europe before it's too late...

As far as I understand reservation must be done before 1 Dec or confirmation and payment? Because it is hard to connect to Bomb Squad and Red Europe is too busy to answer or confirm reservation in time. Maybe need find out some right e-mail or write PM because it is rest a few working days before 1 Dec and much better to get confirmation and make payment before 1 Dec and for this Bomb Squad has to contact and confirm Stage 3.5 and I see a lot of people make reservation buy didn't make payment because are waiting for confirmation from Bomb Squad. May be would be better to call to Red then just waiting.
 
As far as I understand reservation must be done before 1 Dec or confirmation and payment?
I'm not sure if the payment has to be made before 1 Dec. I trust RED is flexible when it comes to payment delays caused by Bomb Squad being swamped.
 
I'm not sure if the payment has to be made before 1 Dec. I trust RED is flexible when it comes to payment delays caused by Bomb Squad being swamped.
I think the reservation is a payment, i.e. no payment == no reservation. And it has to be done by Dec 1st. Here is the sentence on the reservation e-mail ...

Reservations for STAGE 3 and 3.5 are now available for EPIC-X. A deposit of $5000 is required per reservation.
 
I think, if im not wrong but someone will no doubt correct if i am, 1st December is confirmation of you being Stage 3/3.5 AND initial payment, not the entire thing, the rest of it goes with your R1...

Worst case scenario, if for some reason you can't get your payment in, so you can't confirm...talk to your bomb squad rep, I agree, they probably will be flexible but it is a person by person basis, totally depending on your situation.

Think the goal is that the 99.9% get it in by Dec 1st, so they can start processing. My worry is that the bottleneck will be on the cams coming in so it may slow down in comparison to Stage 2...given the Stage 2 list seems to have gotten another notification recently after Nov 17th...

It's all speculative. Things will be clear though come Dec 1st in regards to EPIC Stage 3/3.5 and Scarlet orders. Be very awesome to see the first Stage 3 go out and how quickly the turn around between sending your cam in and getting your new one is....
 
I think, if im not wrong but someone will no doubt correct if i am, 1st December is confirmation of you being Stage 3/3.5 AND initial payment, not the entire thing, the rest of it goes with your R1...

Worst case scenario, if for some reason you can't get your payment in, so you can't confirm...talk to your bomb squad rep, I agree, they probably will be flexible but it is a person by person basis, totally depending on your situation.

Think the goal is that the 99.9% get it in by Dec 1st, so they can start processing. My worry is that the bottleneck will be on the cams coming in so it may slow down in comparison to Stage 2...given the Stage 2 list seems to have gotten another notification recently after Nov 17th...

It's all speculative. Things will be clear though come Dec 1st in regards to EPIC Stage 3/3.5 and Scarlet orders. Be very awesome to see the first Stage 3 go out and how quickly the turn around between sending your cam in and getting your new one is....

But how can be done payment if for this Bomb Squad doesn't make confirmation after reservation. Payment can be done only after Bomb Squad contact after reservation. People are waiting for their confirmation durring a week and more. People who will make reservation today or 28,29,30 Nov how they can make payment if Bomb Squad will not contact them and give confirmation? I think need to call because it would not be good if somebody make reservation and can't make payment just because Bomb Squad is very busy to contact and confirm reservation. Of course we see:

Brent@RED

Need to reserve for 3/3.5 by Dec 1, 2011.

BC

and Reserv is means Reserv!

But I think everybody just want to make payment to be sure. (because if wire transfer is about 4-5 days).
 
I think the reservation is a payment, i.e. no payment == no reservation. And it has to be done by Dec 1st. Here is the sentence on the reservation e-mail ...

Reservations for STAGE 3 and 3.5 are now available for EPIC-X. A deposit of $5000 is required per reservation.

No, as I understand firstly you make reservation (money is not going to RED) and then need to wait confirmation from Bomb Squad and only after confirmation you can make payment, but Red Europe is busy and many people are waiting for a whole week for confirmation.
Just may be Who has made deposit can clear up how was it and how many days they have been waiting for confirmation?
But I think by 1 Dec must be done Reservation. Because if somebody will make reservation 30 Nov 23:59? Will he be in time?
 
But how can be done payment if for this Bomb Squad doesn't make confirmation after reservation. Payment can be done only after Bomb Squad contact after reservation. People are waiting for their confirmation durring a week and more. People who will make reservation today or 28,29,30 Nov how they can make payment if Bomb Squad will not contact them and give confirmation? I think need to call because it would not be good if somebody make reservation and will not be able to make payment just because Bomb Squad is very busy to contact and confirm reservation.

Well I stand corrected :)

I guess I remembered it slightly different but then again I did it straight as Stage 3 opened so perhaps they weren't as flooded as they are now...tons of factors in play...

Either way I think the punchline is...that if you've reserved by not paid by Dec 1st because your rep hasn't got back to you, don't panic. Just email in before the 1st just so that they know you attempted to try and make contact to pay...

If you haven't reserved by Dec 1st. Start worrying because you should have if your on the Stage 3/3.5 train...

Sound groovy? Should clear stuff up...

what sucks is that I'm August 2009....LONG wait ahead of me but I pray I get it by Jan...(long shot I know...)
 
I for one am not panicking. Easy to say really, because I've got more than $10K standing by on my account at RED US. So once Dan finds the time, he transfers my funds to RED Europe. It'll be a snap to pay the reservation after that.

Imran, I'm December 2009 so my wait is going to be even longer than yours. To be honest, I was kinda hoping to receive my EPIC-X before New Year. Highly optimistic, I know :)
 
Imran, I'm December 2009 so my wait is going to be even longer than yours. To be honest, I was kinda hoping to receive my EPIC-X before New Year. Highly optimistic, I know :)

Haha, highly optimistic indeed...but who knows!RED has known to surprise people...like I said though, bottleneck will be the cams going in, probably is we don't know how many people are sending cams back or we could work out a rough turn around time and some how find a forumla to work out an estimated date for each of our own serial numbers...

Such a forumla would help with rentals too since people could then plan accordingly to estimates, give or take a week...

Alas...such a forumla is but a myth...
 
No, as I understand firstly you make reservation (money is not going to RED) and then need to wait confirmation from Bomb Squad and only after confirmation you can make payment, but Red Europe is busy and many people are waiting for a whole week for confirmation.
Just may be Who has made deposit can clear up how was it and how many days they have been waiting for confirmation?
But I think by 1 Dec must be done Reservation. Because if somebody will make reservation 30 Nov 23:59? Will he be in time?
Am I the only one who does or does not understand the English language? What does the sentence,
"Reservations for STAGE 3 and 3.5 are now available for EPIC-X. A deposit of $5000 is required per reservation."
on the stage 3 instructions mean?

I sent in my VISA details for the $5000 deposit on Nov 4th and got my confirmation that I had successfully reserved a Stage III, 2 1/2 hours later
They deducted the $5000 from my VISA and "sold" me a reservation, with my deposit.

You can do this transaction in the store before Dec 1st.
http://www.red.com/store/epic
 
Last edited:
Am I the only one who does or does not understand the English language? What does the sentence,
"Reservations for STAGE 3 and 3.5 are now available for EPIC-X. A deposit of $5000 is required per reservation."
on the stage 3 instructions mean?

I sent in my VISA details for the $5000 deposit on Nov 4th and got my confirmation that I had successfully reserved a Stage III, 2 1/2 hours later
They deducted the $5000 from my VISA and "sold" me a reservation, with my deposit.

You can do this transaction in the store before Dec 1st.
http://www.red.com/store/epic

I think you are right! I just thouhgt Reservation and Payment are not the same thing! I think if money was transfered from your Visa everything is ok! Just after reservation need to get confirmation from your Bomb Squad! So for be sure it would be good to get Confirmation of reservation before 1 Dec.
 
The confirmation email I got clearly states "Congratulations, you’ve successfully reserved your STAGE 3/3.5 EPIC-X package(s)!" even though I have not paid the deposit yet.

Further down it says, "After you have been contacted by RED EUROPE LTD, you will have 5 business days to submit payment for any items requiring a deposit."

I'm not worried.

update: Got an email from Dan, stating that he has made his accountant aware of my request to transfer my funds from RED US to RED Europe, and that Alan in the UK will let me know once the transfer is done. See, no reason to worry -- RED is on the case! :)
 
Back
Top