Sergio Perez
Well-known member
Looking forward to stage 4!
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: this_feature_currently_requires_accessing_site_using_safari
PS, I have your rep looking into it, Jason. He will touch base with you when he has more info.
I just noticed that the option on Red.com/store to reserve an Epic X stage 3 and 3.5 is gone! Does this mean since we are in December this option is being updated to allow the stage 4 people reserve their Epic X?
Not until all people in the stage is notified do they move onto the next stage, Stage 2 was near enough almost finished when they sent it out, doesnt look like they'll be doing Stage 4 in December but RED could be filled with surprises...
So I assume when RED are say 70% or 80% through 3/3.5 that they'll shout out to Stage 4...
Otherwise the backlog and logistics keep getting piled up
Jarred has said that Stage 4 will open in December to allow orders to be take before the end of the month to allow those to order before the price hike.
)
Well Jarred said that Stage 4 won't start until stage 3 notifications have gone out. He said to give them a few weeks but not to worry as they would open Stage 4 before the end of the month:
http://www.reduser.net/forum/showth...-Now-Begins...&p=885869&viewfull=1#post885869
Actually - this thread, post 329.
So I would guess that RED will have most of the stage 3 EPIC's ready for notification. Given that there is the "send your R1 to RED for evaluation", I don't think they could have waited for all those people to send them in etc. SO my guess is that they have a fair few EPIC's for stage 3/3.5 ready and they will send out notifications over the next few weeks then its up to the Stage 3/3.5 individuals to send their R1 to RED when their ready... or I could be wrong...)
Agreed. One thing I'm more than aware is that when Red opens stage 4 I won't immediately receive my camera. Jim and Jarred said specificaly they were aiming for February to be the "end of pain" month. So I'm assuming a wait from end of the month till February for my Epic. I think this gives enough time for stage 3 and 3.5 to be clear and for early stage 4 orders... Anyway, anything is subject to change. Even if it gets longer, I know the cam will come with an even better firmware and more features. The key is to think ahead, plan things with what you have. What I need to shoot with the Epic will only start moving forward when shipping confirmation and notification arrives!
- http://www.reduser.net/forum/showth...-Now-Begins...&p=885981&highlight=#post885981Stages do not advance until all customers in those stages are notified.. we don't wait till everyone in those stages ship. Obviously with Stage 3 and the inspections involved, that would delay stage 4 commencement for quite some time.
Steve, hope you're right on your hunch!. Having it in January would enable me to shoot some pretty amazing things over here- Great test footage (Chinese New Year). Wishing us both good luck on this!
That would surely be a nice christmas present!![]()
According to the Chinese Zodiac, the Year of 2012 is the Year of the Dragon, which begins on January 23, 2012 and ends on February 9, 2013. Hopefully the upgrade to dragon will begin in the Chinese year of the Dragon.yeah, I don't know how Santa is going to do it this year. We are camera #3033 and I don't expect to see my new baby til the new year, but what a way to start off the year of the Dragon!
So listen Gang, I have been working happily with EPICs since December 2010 and yet I don't expect my Stage 3 Epic until after January. I ordered some Angenieux glass and I was told 6 months. Patience is something I try to teach my children as well as myself. RED has no desire to delay manufacture. Au Contraire