Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

EPIC Stage 3 trade-in - question/suggestion for RED folks here

Mike 'Fireman' Ross

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 8, 2011
Messages
1,672
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Wellington New Zealand
As I understand it, when we are notified our Stage 3 EPIC is ready to ship, we have 30 days to complete payment and take delivery. Presumably RED will expect to get the old R1 body back as part of that process.

My question concerns those who might be affected by any delay in availability of essential accessories; will it be possible for these people to either extend the 30-day 'window' and postpone the upgrade, or else take delivery of a partial EPIC order, and retain their R1 until such time as the delayed bits are available?

In my case I'm wondering about the availability of the Nikon mount; that's going to be critical to me, and I seem to recall hearing that it will be available 'later'; the Canon mount will be done first. If the Nikon mount is 'backorder' or 'still in development' when I get the 30-day letter saying 'please send us money and your R1, your EPIC is ready' I'm going to have a potential problem...

Obviously we're some way from starting that process, nothing is official yet, but I just wanted to get RED folks thinking about it :-)

Mike
 
Think Jim said in another thread it was a logistical nightmare but there was two choices, that it was possible to hold out till everything was available

"No... this is a logistical nightmare. Trade-ins come back and we ship what we have. Or the transaction waits. We bend over backwards but at some point we break.

Jim"

http://reduser.net/forum/showthread.php?p=734253#post734253
 
A question after reading this thread and the one posted above where Jim mentions: "Or the transaction waits"

I had assumed the 30-day window was either for a deposit to reserve stage 3 or perhaps the entire additional 10500, but that the actual trade-in didn't have to happen within that timeframe. Is that the case or does the payment + R1 Body have to be given to RED in that 30 days?

More than the Nikon mount (which affects me also) or getting all the accessories, I'm concerned about scheduling jobs for my R1 Package during the summer if I'd suddenly be expected to ship it to RED.

Sorry if this is confirmed somewhere and I missed it. Thanks in advance for pointing me in the right direction.
 
In my case I'm wondering about the availability of the Nikon mount; that's going to be critical to me, and I seem to recall hearing that it will be available 'later'; the Canon mount will be done first. If the Nikon mount is 'backorder' or 'still in development' when I get the 30-day letter saying 'please send us money and your R1, your EPIC is ready' I'm going to have a potential problem...



Mike
Got you covered there- should have the proto in a couple of weeks:thumbup1:
 
Got you covered there- should have the proto in a couple of weeks:thumbup1:

Well I was talking about the official RED factory full electronic Nikon mount, but if yours is better/cheaper/sooner... :-)

Mike
 
Well perhaps OptiTek can hold the Nikon Mount needers till the electronic mount is ready,

I suspect the payment must be made but not the delivery as I seem to remember that you need to do something in that 30 day time frame or else you forfeit? So I'm assuming payment and not the trade in, that way you can keep working till all the parts come in, seems simple enough...

Given this is assumption so hopefully in the coming weeks or sooner RED will give a firm idea for those that could be affected
 
Back
Top