Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

Epic Dragon - Is it possible to rotate 90º the SDI output for viewing?

Ignacio Aguilar

Well-known member
Joined
Oct 30, 2011
Messages
868
Reaction score
6
Points
18
Location
Madrid, Spain
Hello,

I have an upcoming shoot and the client wants me to deliver a 16/9 vertical aspect ratio. My plan is rotating the camera 90º during shooting and do this very odd ratio as requested shooting at 6K HD or 5K HD.
Is there any way to rotate the HDSDI output in viewing so that the director and client watch a vertical 16/9 frame in the middle of the HD monitors on set? Which is not perfect but any means, but sounds better than actually rotate the monitor itself!
Any advice will be greatly appreciated.
 
Hello,

I have an upcoming shoot and the client wants me to deliver a 16/9 vertical aspect ratio. My plan is rotating the camera 90º during shooting and do this very odd ratio as requested shooting at 6K HD or 5K HD.
Is there any way to rotate the HDSDI output in viewing so that the director and client watch a vertical 16/9 frame in the middle of the HD monitors on set? Which is not perfect but any means, but sounds better than actually rotate the monitor itself!
Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

I just rotate the monitors.
 
I think to get the right result you need to rotate not only the monitor but also the camera. :)
 
Back
Top