Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

Eminem - The Monster Tour Opening Film - Shot on Anamorphic Dragons

Christopher Probst

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 12, 2009
Messages
1,424
Reaction score
3
Points
38
Location
Los Angeles, Ca
It's been a while since I posted anything on here. Shot this in Detroit right before Eminem did a little mini tour supporting his Monster album... It's a funny little send up on The Silence of the Lambs that we shot in a day in an abandoned factory. This is all OLPF v2 (now known as the Skin Tone Highlight) and I shot it in some fairly low light conditions wide open on Kowas.

 
Last edited:
Looks great... Eminem fans will eat it up. Makes me want to watch SotL again :)
 
Love.

Im a big eminem fan. Share the same birthday.

Nice work!

Battistella
 
This is awesome, thanks alot for sharing!

May I ask what these red (oversaturated?) lights were in the background? I see this often when shooting concert photos. Limited/oversaturated spectrum of LED lights?
 
That's got the goods. Fine work. Great tone, great look, great humor. Thank you for sharing!
 
Well done, congratulations to your ongoing success :o)
 
Awesome, loved the look..
 
Wonderful imagery!

Must admit I was waiting for a track to kick in when Rihanna turned and walked away.

Great stuff indeed.
 
This is awesome, thanks alot for sharing!

May I ask what these red (oversaturated?) lights were in the background? I see this often when shooting concert photos. Limited/oversaturated spectrum of LED lights?

There were a few red-gelled lamps behind the "vinyl strip" exitway in the background. Now I was only able to give the colorist some general notes for the grading and focused the general contrast and tone, which basically tracked with my metadata and what it looked like on set.

Here's a few pics from the main setup...

emset_zps1a0f8ce5.jpg


tap_zps07aec792.jpg


The overall color in the film is pretty saturated across the board, and had I been in the telecine bay, I'd have pulled the saturation of the red down from clipping. It's not necessarily an artifact of the sensor, but the coloring. Either way, I'm happy with the end look, especially what we pulled off in a single day and with waiting 4 hours for Rihanna to emmerge from her trailer... That said, there was an even additional scene shot that didn't even make the cut, that referenced "Barney's" interaction with Clarice prior to entering Lector's cell block...

And Bob, yes on hazers.
 
Thanks so much for the details and additional pics Christopher, this blows my mind! And don't get me wrong, the red didn't bother me, just wondered where it came from :)
 
Back
Top