Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

Element Technica V-Mount Plate Not Passing Battery Info on Forged Weapon

Joel Voelker

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 9, 2013
Messages
1,015
Reaction score
0
Points
36
Location
U.S. of A.
Got my forged weapon friday morning and badly want to use the ET VMount plate for it but it's not passing battery info to the camera. It'll power up but the voltage isn't displayed on the screen. This really renders is useless as I can't risk camera shutting down due to voltage drop during a take and the battery level indicators on IDX batteries are useless. Having to use a WC Quickback with my old battery plates in the meantime but I want to cut the damn cables!

Using IDX batteries. I know at least one other person is having this same issue (using RED bricks) so I don't believe it's unique to my battery plate or camera.

I should be receiving my ET Anton Bauer plate in a couple days so I'll test that out when it arrives to see if it has the same issue.

Anyone else having the same issue?
 
Joel,

I am having the same experience. I have been in communication with ET and have started a support ticket with Red. I was assuming that I had a faulty module but maybe its more widespread? I will report the response when I get it.
 
Received my ET Anton Bauer plate and it has the same issue. The camera only wants to display percentage battery remaining and won't show me the voltage. I'm talking to them and trying to sort it.
 
This is the same info I got from Red Support. An upcoming Firmware update should address the issue. A bit disappointing that it has not worked out of the box but if this ends up being the only issue with my Weapon I will be very happy.
 
Please do let me know what firmware you're on. Mine shipped with 6.1.40 (I think). RED wants me to ship in my ET battery plates. ET wants me to wait for a firmware update. I just want to shoot...
 
My bad I should have checked, Im on 6.1.35, and I noticed that in the maintenance menu under attached modules it shows the ET battery module so maybe check there to see if its being recognized or not.

Russ,

in in my case I did check that and I set the camera to Rediscover and the ET battery Module did present in Attached Modules but alas no communication with the battery.
 
had the same issue this week, with an additional aux power out overcurrent fault constantly appearing on boot as well. AB module.
 
I just took delivery of my CF Weapon a couple days ago and I'm having issue with my ET AB module as well. Doesn't show any battery info and when I stick a battery on it, it'll run for a few minutes and then go into a cycle of repeatedly rebooting. What makes it worse is that I don't have a Base IO module (yet, they didn't have any available...) so I can't even use AC or my old Epic battery plate...
 
I just took delivery of my CF Weapon a couple days ago and I'm having issue with my ET AB module as well. Doesn't show any battery info and when I stick a battery on it, it'll run for a few minutes and then go into a cycle of repeatedly rebooting. What makes it worse is that I don't have a Base IO module (yet, they didn't have any available...) so I can't even use AC or my old Epic battery plate...

Do you have the XL module? It has a DC in that should power the camera.
 
Nope... Really sucks, I was looking forward to putting this new baby through it's paces...
 
Red, please release that new firmware! Although i'm not sure I'll even be able to update firmware at this point, without an expander. Ugh, sigh.
 
The new Firmware is allowing my ET V Mount module to talk to the camera but all I can get is the battery voltage. Is this normal? Before on my Epic I could get battery remaining time or battery percentage now if I select either in the camera menu under mode I just get the voltage? I am using Red 160WH Brick batteries.
 
Back
Top