Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

Dragon + Motion Mount + Kowa PL Anamorphic

I just had to grade a little bit this frame...
Dragon w/ Kowa is amazing!


image.png



EDIT: Extra image link (somebody has problems with the current one)
http://oi60.tinypic.com/54yy6b.jpg
 
Wow great work Luke.

Thanks Jarred.

Honestly, I was a little nervous about jumping into filming without ample testing time, what with all of the "noise" over here regarding the OLPF thing. It couldn't be further from the truth. Some of the scenes were really "high contrast" with dark forest and direct/bright sun beams. ISO at 1600, exposed for the dark trees and hoped for the best. The noise is there but nothing Neat Video and then a bit of grain can't knock out, just like every other camera out there.

The DIFFERENCE is that the sun beams were held in check and I had room to get creative with the grade. In all honesty, the only way you could blow out highlights on this camera is if you were really trying to. I'm assuming that's a "new OLPF" trait and I, for one, am loving it. Wouldn't trade it for better low light performance because I always de noise my footage.

Crazy low light performance like the A7s is great but you almost have to go out of your way to utilize it. That's what I found myself doing with that camera. Within my every day/normal shooting style, I don't need anything over ISO 1600 (it's rare that I even go that high). ISO 800 looks perfect to me, just like the MX (if not a little better). As far as I'm concerned this whole thing is a non issue that had me worried for nothing.
 
Those images are so so good, so much feel to them.

Well DONE!

I also agree with you in regards to the sensor, Dragon is impressive on many all fronts for me!
 
Fine work indeed.
 
Back
Top