Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

Danger of running a Dragon for long periods?

Robino_J

Well-known member
Joined
Apr 1, 2012
Messages
524
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Are there any issues running a Dragon for long periods?

I have my dragon in "frame trigger" mode and I have to run it for 10 hours+ triggering frames - I'm not running the camera at any speed, only 1 frame at a time.
 
Should be fine I ran it like that before for longer even without issues
 
Same here.

Just set the fans to adaptive mode. It might be good to keep an eye on it for the first little bit, but I have never had an issue on super long takes.
 
Thanks for the reassurance guys. Really appreciate it.
 
A couple of weeks ago, ran my Dragon for over 30 hours in a row for an interval time lapse. Paused only long enough to swap out VCLX batteries.
Not a single issue.
 
Hey everyone.

I was was shooting a play performance, and I had the fans set to adaptive mode, and they were not capable of keeping the temperature in the green or even yellow. By about 15 minutes into the performance they were in the red (BS for 45/65 and quickly ended up at 52/75). Is adaptive mode unable to keep temperatures consistent and low during long takes? Should I have reblackshaded to around 50 degrees instead?
 
Hey everyone.

I was was shooting a play performance, and I had the fans set to adaptive mode, and they were not capable of keeping the temperature in the green or even yellow. By about 15 minutes into the performance they were in the red (BS for 45/65 and quickly ended up at 52/75). Is adaptive mode unable to keep temperatures consistent and low during long takes? Should I have reblackshaded to around 50 degrees instead?

My guess is that the the environment in which you originally blackshaded was probably cooler than the location you were shooting at. Probably should have blackshaded at the location before the shoot.

edit: 45 is also pretty low I think.
 
Back
Top