Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

Clone files on each take!

Peter Strietmann

Well-known member
Joined
Mar 31, 2008
Messages
1,376
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
NorCal
Website
peterstrietmann.com
Question for the old school red one users. Today I was shooting some test clips and found there are two identical clips per take! I have not seen or heard of this. I'm probably doing something wrong but it escapes me...

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Pete
 
Your eyes can sees two files or more in the r3d folder if it´s FAT32 formated mags you are using UMD (I think thats the name) does it differently only one file. The two files can show up as identical in your NLE but in reality its part of your shot, as the FAT32 can only hold so and so large files, it gets decided up in bits. So dont care much about it and most important dont move or delete any of the files inside a r3d container folder. See the folders as clips not the actual files.
 
Thanks for the info guys. The clips are short, like 10 to 15 seconds. I'll do a couple of tests today to confirm what you have said.
 
Thanks for the info guys. The clips are short, like 10 to 15 seconds. I'll do a couple of tests today to confirm what you have said.

Or you have proxies enabled and you get one Quicktime file per R3d. = 2 clips per shot.
 
Peter, are each file 4GB in size? If so, then yes, it's a single clip split up into multiple files because of FAT32 limitations. They should end in a 1, 2, 3, etc.
 
Back
Top