Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

Canon 7D Zone Plate Shots

Below the reply box hit "Go Advanced", then click on "Manage Attachments"

This is a 100% crop of the still Morgan selected to show the bad side of the camera.

Where were you shooting a sabre bout? Awesome stuff, sans aliasing of course.
 
EX1 / 3 are surprisingly good cameras, shooting with 4 tomorrow.

Agree with the cams but that codec and post... not much. I think the Sony´s DSPs still scaning a little bit TV. I´m shooting last weeks with HPX, much more filmic, and incomparable codec... really miss my reds this weeks.

It was a live event - no set up shots - no lighting - mainly 50 1.4 on 7d at f2

S

Wow, cool operator!
 
so....

Here's some 5d2 footage I shot for kicks this last summer...
http://www.chriswitzke.com/loucitytest720.mov

no grading what so ever... opened the files in quicktime pro, cut and pasted into a new player, and exported as a appletv quicktime ( without audio ). The "in camera" custom profile was changed by dragging the contrast and sharpness down a few clicks so the footage would not be so crushed.

As you can see I've avoided anything that would cause aliasing.

Of course I prefer shooting with my RED.... but for some things ( like not freaking out the general public with a RED camera ) the 5d2 works just fine.
 
The "in camera" custom profile was changed by dragging the contrast and sharpness down a few clicks so the footage would not be so crushed.

On my tests I didn't see any aliasing improvement on lowering the sharpness slider, but just less "resolution". Aliasing artifacts don't dissapear.

My custom presets are sharpness factory preset, contrast minimum, color close to minimum.

These settings gets you closer to Greta Macbeth chart "reality"...

Test made in january 09 based on version 1 of the software.

Pat.
 
The real question is, how will Zone Plate charts of the new 2/3 Scarlets compare to the 7D, and Red One charts?

Ahahahahaah....I loved this comment...really true...Let´s see what RED will show and we will see...I could bet they will have another huge camera called Scarlet. If RED had a product even a slightly better than the competition they would have already released it....
 
Back
Top