Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

Camera wont reach target temp anymore

Dominik Muench

Well-known member
Joined
May 23, 2008
Messages
2,301
Reaction score
1
Points
38
Location
Gold Coast - Australia
Website
www.instagram.com
Hi Guys,

since about 10 days I've been having a problem with my Dragon, no matter how long I let the camera warm up before a shoot or how long I actually shoot, the T temperature doesn't turn green anymore to match my calibration map.

I have already reinstalled the latest firmware release, reset the camera to factory defaults, have the fans set to adaptive mode but nothing helps.
The camera is set to a core temperature of 65 degrees as per factory default but the temperature display just keeps jumping all over the place.
It stays red for ages, then turns yellow after a while with the temperature usually idling around 62/63 degrees or sometimes even lower but it doesn't turn green anymore.
Anyone else having these issues at the moment ?
 
Are you by any chance on the most recent beta? There have been other interesting temperature reports.
 
hey Phil,


I'm on 5.3.42 which is the latest release version.

its bugging the hell out of me because it was never an issue in the past, a few minutes after powering up the camera would be green and ready to go.
When I tried it again this morning in my reasonably warm office, it took the camera a good 5 min just to get to yellow and only after I recorded two 64GB SSD mags at 50fps the T readout would eventually turn green at around 52 degrees.
 
I appear to be having the same problem all of a sudden.
 
You might have already done this, but each time you do a firmware update you need to calibrate the sensor again. Have you done a proper sensor cal?
 
hey Christoffer

yep sure have, i do that routinely pretty much before every bigger shoot anyway, seems like the new firmware upgrade helped, the camera finally turned green even though it took a good 15 minutes of idle running.
 
Back
Top