Christoph Tilley
Well-known member
Hey folks,
after our shoot today we turned the camera off and laid it aside in our production van. After several minutes driving we smelled a strange/burnt smell and noticed that the camera was super hot but still off. The camera was so hot, it was almost impossible to touch it. We immediately removed the battery (Bebob 290RM-Cine) and let the camera cool down.
Fortunately the camera booted up again, but now the left inlet fan makes a loud clicking noise which is rather annoying.
I will send the camera over to RED in order to repair the fan and check everything, but I am super glad that the cam is still booting up. I nearly had a heart attack when I smelled burnt plastic :-/
In the past I already noticed that the camera won't shut down properly with this particular battery –*it kinda stuck at the "shutting-down-screen". In the past I hard removed the battery to force the shutdown, but this time the camera seemed to shut down properly before I noticed that the camera is nearly burning.
So everyone who has this battery in use, please be careful and remove the battery when you are not shooting!
Best,
Chris
after our shoot today we turned the camera off and laid it aside in our production van. After several minutes driving we smelled a strange/burnt smell and noticed that the camera was super hot but still off. The camera was so hot, it was almost impossible to touch it. We immediately removed the battery (Bebob 290RM-Cine) and let the camera cool down.
Fortunately the camera booted up again, but now the left inlet fan makes a loud clicking noise which is rather annoying.
I will send the camera over to RED in order to repair the fan and check everything, but I am super glad that the cam is still booting up. I nearly had a heart attack when I smelled burnt plastic :-/
In the past I already noticed that the camera won't shut down properly with this particular battery –*it kinda stuck at the "shutting-down-screen". In the past I hard removed the battery to force the shutdown, but this time the camera seemed to shut down properly before I noticed that the camera is nearly burning.
So everyone who has this battery in use, please be careful and remove the battery when you are not shooting!
Best,
Chris