Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

[April Fools] Wrong resolution?

Christoffer Glans

Well-known member
Joined
Jun 11, 2007
Messages
4,993
Reaction score
36
Points
48
Age
42
Location
Stockholm, Sweden
So I received my weapon yesterday, although I got my mount back today instead so I couldn't really try it out more than power it up until today. I upgraded to the Weapon 6K MG and I haven't really had any major issues before going into the resolution settings finding out that there were a lot of resolutions I should not be able to have. Now I know that there's a lot going on and Weapons are flying out the manufacture door faster than ever, but my question is if the manufacture takes place in the same place for every camera in the lineup? Because I can clearly see an increased field of view when switching to higher resolutions and I can see the sensor is different, but I'm not really keen on powering my camera up again because of this since it's an MG and not a CF.

If there has been problems with the manufacture and this someway got in the mix, I'm afraid that the lack of processing power will in some way turn my camera into a brick. I seemed to sense a bit of sluggish performance after a while and it seems it barely can drive the higher resolutions. The R3Ds I pulled out show that they really are at this resolution so can someone at Red please answer if this could be damaging to my camera? I will drop off an email to my bomb rep as well, but would like to know if someone else in my serial number line (X-00600) had any similar problems as well?

IMG_4458.jpg


Happy Aprils fools day! :tongue_smilie:
 
Or Easter Egg? Is this a Golden Ticket? Sorry, not trying to make light of your concerns. Haven't had a chance to play with my Weapon yet, kind of hoping I'd have the same problem...
 
Or Easter Egg? Is this a Golden Ticket? Sorry, not trying to make light of your concerns. Haven't had a chance to play with my Weapon yet, kind of hoping I'd have the same problem...

Yeah, it's a delight if it works, but I won't be touching my Weapon until I know for sure it isn't a problem.
 
Don't touch it for at least one day... till it's April 2nd! Then turn on and shoot like mad!
 
Looks like you need to format that RedMag
 
This was a good one but Mods should take all these down tomorrow, April 2nd. People may let their guard down after today. '-)
 
They shipped the wrong camera.
It supposes to ship to Phil Holland, but you are the lucky guy, so enjoy it before Red calls to ship it back.
 
same thing with my Raven! it runs a little hot but i just bring in an extra dyson fan and shoot through it. thanks!
 
I think a quote by Jarred is appropriate now...

Jarred Land said:

:laugh:
 
I liked this one...

Really hoping to see some 8K's in the wild soon. Preferably mine, but I think at this point, I'll be happy as soon as any of you guys get one.
 
Back
Top