Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

Any word from RED on SanDisk CF card compatibility?

It takes several months to figure things out. They have to test significant amounts of randomly chosen CF cards with the camera and tweak the firmware of the RED ONE while engaging in back and forth with Sandisk to determine how to best access the full capabilities of the latest controller to achieve sustained sequential write speeds, which is the opposite of how flash memory normally works.
 
No news Yet ??? Please RED, So badly waiting for any response.
 
Hello, RED? I'm waiting for the answer too, since I need more media and I'm wondering should I just buy more of the 16gb cards I already have?
 
Once we have news to report, we will : )

If you want to run CF, then current RED 16GB CF is the only option. As of now.
 
Thanks Brent,
I hope you continue to look for solutions with larger capacity CF cards. The format is still alive and well and sees regular evolutions.
Red Ones are also still alive and shooting beautiful images, larger capacity cards are the main thing, in my opinion, to make these cameras evolve in an important way without changing someting to the camera itself.
Cheers,
Damien
 
Hey, it's 2015 and still no answer yet? seems like we can give up our hopes, right? It would be so great, not to be limited to 8 mins... :(
 
I'm afraid that RED is on to bigger and better. I don't expect them ever to release anything new for out cameras again.

Stephen
 
I'm afraid that RED is on to bigger and better. I don't expect them ever to release anything new for out cameras again.

Stephen

You could be right. Jarred implied that the Epic MX is going to be fazed out. This is kind of bad news for the Red One as it shares the same sensor, so there was a commanality there.
Upgrading the Red One to a dragon sensor would be too expensive to be practical for the kind of lower end market that the Red One covers.

However I'd really like it if Red would make available a final update that allows users to turn off the white list.
Something like an "Allow Bad Media" option or "Allow Slow Media" or whatever.
It could be hidden well away in a sub menu somewhere.

There are lots of cameras in the same market sector as the Red One or even lower, that can record 4K to cheap memory cards now.
I think it would be a good time to open up the Red One a bit.

Freya
 
I agree. I'd really like to see that menu item: "Allow Bad Media"

:-)

Stephen
 
I agree. I'd really like to see that menu item: "Allow Bad Media"

:-)

Stephen

Maybe "allow uncertified media"

or even

"enable dirty media"

Maybe that's going too far... but something like that.

Freya
 
Here's to hoping!
 
Yes, and thrown into the fire, too.

It's a bummer, but it is what it is.

Stephen
 
Back
Top