Mike P.
Well-known member
Using the 4:3 frame guides is how you'd have to do it; when desqueezed that'd be 2.66, so you'd still have to crop a bit, which brings your resolution down a little further. That's essentially what Haywire did; shot 4k but used ~2.5-3k extraction desqueezed and cropped for 2.39:1?
Can you post a .r3d still, I'd love to see how something like this looks in practice at "full res" after being desqueezed and cropped. There's quite a bit of resolution loss (4:3 = 2873x2160) but I'm hopeful that it's still enough...
I still don't understand why RED don't use the full sensor height (3240x2700 for 2.4:1 with 2x anamorphic lenses) for an ANA mode; it's less read/write pixels than 4096x2160. If the BlackMagic (or digital bolex) end up releasing a full sensor mode (which has been discussed) it would actually be the same (resolution wise; it has a 2560x2160 sensor) to the Scarlet after cropping when using 2x anamorphics.
Can you post a .r3d still, I'd love to see how something like this looks in practice at "full res" after being desqueezed and cropped. There's quite a bit of resolution loss (4:3 = 2873x2160) but I'm hopeful that it's still enough...
I still don't understand why RED don't use the full sensor height (3240x2700 for 2.4:1 with 2x anamorphic lenses) for an ANA mode; it's less read/write pixels than 4096x2160. If the BlackMagic (or digital bolex) end up releasing a full sensor mode (which has been discussed) it would actually be the same (resolution wise; it has a 2560x2160 sensor) to the Scarlet after cropping when using 2x anamorphics.
Last edited: