Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

All Professionals...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just placing our 1st ads now... :-)

Jim

Jim... man to man...

I understand that you are a hugely successful business man and its hard to take advice (from a person that has not hit the heights you have) Especially when you have creamed it in your past life...

But I have to say this... You need to stop selling to the already converted. and time to spend some money in the main stream and bring RED to the unaware, unknown and ill-informed into the fold. Time for RED to hit the mainstream... Don't you think.

I watched a guy one day stand in a street in the middle of New York years ago and asked if anyone had heard of Billabong.... (researcher) 1 in 150 said yes, then he said have you heard of SONY... 100% siad yes... Nike, 100% said yes.... etc etc etc...

I hope I'm not over steeping the line. But a few well placed messages in mainstream and direct media... will most certainly get your more brand and product aware, I think all us working pros are already aware...

In my lousy 20 years working solid in the advertising world, I've seen silly things convert big companies into to mammoth ones.

But you already knew that. :)

Actually forget I siad any of that.... Sounds silly me telling a billionaire how to market his business.

Moving on :)


PS: I feel far from being a victim.
 
I 'officially' joined the party with Scarlet #1673 a couple of months ago (not that I haven't wanted to before, but just made sense with the Scarlet). Been in business for 23 years in the corporate world and have admired your philosophy, Jim, and the team have had since the beginning. The same reasons I've admired RED are the same reasons I've stayed busy even in hard times by building amazing relationships (i.e., professional friendships) where it's about the people, integrity, and honesty. Unlike other manufactures I (and a lot of others) feel that you guys are truly making products for us filmmakers out of the passion and love for the art. I've always thought that if I showed passion and excitement for my customers and who they were, then revenues and profits will follow. I haven't been let down yet. That doesn't mean I don't make mistakes, but I own up to them too. I see all of this with RED over and over again. Very proud to align myself as I plan to be a lifelong customer. Thank you for watching out for us and taking the lead.
 
6 years since we signed up for the ride of our life. it is has been nothing short of life changing every step of the way. $1,000 dollars is all it took to buy into the future. thank you for letting us participate in your grand overture to image acquisition. there are thousands of us for sure that believe and a few less that have always believed, but i have no doubt that over the next 24 months red will win over the rest. keep pushing boys (and girls)...we love what we have, but will not mind at all when it gets even better.

thanks again for not settling...ever!
 
Well Jim i LOVE your POST'S so Please keep the 99% of us Happy and Keep posting!!!

P.s I hope are New friendship will be long Lasting:biggrinjester:


And we believe that our customers should be our long-lasting friends... not our victims.

Jim
 
I don't even think you need to market yourself. Just keep doing the amazing things you have been doing, and the world will eventually find out.
 
Professional. I am.

Its common sense, and if you have been around 10-15 years then it hits home, because all of us have had
the experience by now. The newbies are lucky they have a choice, chose the right path and to do not
regret, five years back we did not have a choice it was 1080, 4K I did not even fantasize.
The icing on the cake at US25000/- to start shooting at 4K.

Yusuf Thakur
VFX,Dubai.
www.vfxme.com
 
Just please don't get so big that the little things like great customer support, free firmware, long nights keeping us up with updates, ect become impossible. You have said it yourself that being a smaller company in a way gives you an advantage because it allows you to focus on the things that big business's like Canon, Sony, Arri just cant because they are so worried about their bottom line. I'm just afraid that the bigger Red gets the less each of us individually matter and the more we become just another customer like Canon and Sony and Arri customers. Its great for red don't get me wrong but all good things come to an end.....and it will most likely be Red enormous success that will in-turn lead to less priorities on the little things. I guess all I'm saying is keep to the Red Roots, Keep kicking ass, Keep supporting your customers, I know I I'll keep supporting Red by buying their products :) I hope this doesn't come off too selfish....
 
Jim... man to man...

I understand that you are a hugely successful business man and its hard to take advice (from a person that has not hit the heights you have) Especially when you have creamed it in your past life...

But I have to say this... You need to stop selling to the already converted. and time to spend some money in the main stream and bring RED to the unaware, unknown and ill-informed into the fold. Time for RED to hit the mainstream... Don't you think.

I watched a guy one day stand in a street in the middle of New York years ago and asked if anyone had heard of Billabong.... (researcher) 1 in 150 said yes, then he said have you heard of SONY... 100% siad yes... Nike, 100% said yes.... etc etc etc...


QUOTE]


Everybody knows Kodak by now, yet few know Arri by name.

License RedRAW compression to everyone for cheap and I think a lot of people will know Red...

Maybe get a little Red logo for camera bodies or playback systems, like Leica or THX?

Just a thought...
 
Both Jarred and I are here tonight... as are 50 other RED soldiers. We are here to serve. When that ends, you should start looking elsewhere.

Jim

Just please don't get so big that the little things like great customer support, free firmware, long nights keeping us up with updates, ect become impossible. You have said it yourself that being a smaller company in a way gives you an advantage because it allows you to focus on the things that big business's like Canon, Sony, Arri just cant because they are so worried about their bottom line. I'm just afraid that the bigger Red gets the less each of us individually matter and the more we become just another customer like Canon and Sony and Arri customers. Its great for red don't get me wrong but all good things come to an end.....and it will most likely be Red enormous success that will in-turn lead to less priorities on the little things. I guess all I'm saying is keep to the Red Roots, Keep kicking ass, Keep supporting your customers, I know I I'll keep supporting Red by buying their products :) I hope this doesn't come off too selfish....
 
And Oakley... 100%. Just give us a second...

Jim

Jim... man to man...

I understand that you are a hugely successful business man and its hard to take advice (from a person that has not hit the heights you have) Especially when you have creamed it in your past life...

But I have to say this... You need to stop selling to the already converted. and time to spend some money in the main stream and bring RED to the unaware, unknown and ill-informed into the fold. Time for RED to hit the mainstream... Don't you think.

I watched a guy one day stand in a street in the middle of New York years ago and asked if anyone had heard of Billabong.... (researcher) 1 in 150 said yes, then he said have you heard of SONY... 100% siad yes... Nike, 100% said yes.... etc etc etc...


QUOTE]


Everybody knows Kodak by now, yet few know Arri by name.

License RedRAW compression to everyone for cheap and I think a lot of people will know Red...

Maybe get a little Red logo for camera bodies or playback systems, like Leica or THX?

Just a thought...
 
Resolution matters, of course, in the choice of a camera for a professional. But there are also other things which are usually considered and which, I think, should be improved by Red, imo :

- possibility of buying the gear near our location, which means in the Euro zone in Europe, not in the UK
- possibility of transfering the ownership without having to pay a fee, and without losing the warranty : in fact, this is the most problematic part, and this explains the difficulty of the people who are trying to sell their Red gear : they have to devaluate a lot their gear to compensate

This would give to the second-hand market more strength, and this second-hand market is really important for professionals.

Kristin
 
Kristin,

There is no question that we have a lot of things to improve on. But the concept is not one of them.

Jim

Resolution matters, of course, in the choice of a camera for a professional. But there are also other things which are usually considered and which, I think, should be improved by Red, imo :

- possibility of buying the gear near our location, which means in the Euro zone in Europe, not in the UK
- possibility of transfering the ownership without having to pay a fee, and without losing the warranty : in fact, this is the most problematic part, and this explains the difficulty of the people who are trying to sell their Red gear : they have to devaluate a lot their gear to compensate

Kristin
 
What do you mean by the concept, Jim ? The fact that it's better to own and to keep than to own and to sell afterwards ?
 
If you don't understand the post I can't help you...

Jim

What do you mean by the concept, Jim ? The fact that it's better to own and to keep than to own and to sell afterwards ?
 
Sorry, I was thinking a little bit further than this 4K raw thing ;-) Anyway, I saw on red.com that you set up a partnership in Muenchen (Gecko-Cam) for repairs and support. That's great and a really good choice !
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top