Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

8K 2:1 Helium only 16 FPS in Resolve with Rocket X

Danai Chutinaton

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 7, 2011
Messages
396
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Bangkok, Thailand
Website
www.bluepano.com
Just received my Epic W and I'm trying to get my Davinci Resolve system setup to deal with 8k.

I'm only getting 16 fps playback for 8k 2:1 clips at full debayer. Does this sound right? I thought I would be able to get 25 fps?

My System Specs:

CPU i7-6950x 10 core
64 GB of Ram
GTX 1080TI
Rocket X
Decklink 4K Pro
4K UHD Timeline
 
Last edited:
Full debayer at 8K ? 8K monitoring in 2017 ?

Card is designed for RT 4K playback.
 
16fps on 8K is awesome. I don't know that there's many systems out there right now that can support full 25fps playback on 8k. Plus, do you even have an 8k monitor to look at it on? If not, 4k should be plenty fine!
 
Yes those specs sound about right. You need to get into more GPUs/Dual Xeon for better fps. I guarantee you can not tell much of a difference between full premium and 1/2 good on a 4k monitor (at an 8k timeline), so if you can get 24 fps half good at 8K you are good to go. Till you add nodes, sharpen, blur, etc. of course.
 
In resolve, I don't think it supports RRX on Helium footage for debayering. It will use it for decompressing, and then your GPU has to do the debayering. so I think you are seeing just the results of your 1080TI? See this thread for more info.

https://forum.blackmagicdesign.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=57502
 
I get 25 fps full frame at 14 to1 in redcine on my hp workstation intel xeon E5 2667 16 core 3.2, 256 ram and p5000 . I Think in davinci it supposed to be a bit faster.
 
Back
Top