Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

$10K best lenses for ...

Used cooke 18-100 or 20-100 plus new Kish expander

less weight than Ang 17-102

solid beautiful image quality... BUT.... possible vignette at 5.5 k on wide focal lengths.

Your price point will make it VERY hard to cover the sensor at the wide angle end of the zoom

but i think he wants something more modern then the old cookes, though they are beautiful.
they are less weight then the 17-102???
 
Yes, I'm looking for something with a modern look, for vintage I have the Baltars. All good suggestions though.
 
Yes, I'm looking for something with a modern look, for vintage I have the Baltars. All good suggestions though.
yeah, then i would go with either the
17-102mm HR
or
30-80 dp optimo ( you can get an 1.4 extender with this one too)
or
gl optics rehoused sigma 18-35, then wait until the 50-100mm comes out later this month and im sure they will be rehousing that one as well.

i think those are your high quality modern options ranging from 7-13k
 
GL Optics, then... they are modern glass base lenses, nice looking, and will cover most of the range
the 17-102 looks great, but will vingette at the wide side and weighs a LOT. It is still a very good lens for all around use, however. and is in your price range.
 
The Canon FD 35-135/3.5 has received positive reviews by at least one RED user on these forums, but I forgot who it was and I can't find the post. It will have to be converted but it's cheap to buy.
 
Back
Top