Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

100fps compression

Damian Grady

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 26, 2009
Messages
247
Reaction score
0
Points
16
Location
Preston, UK
Website
www.redolution.co.uk
Hi all,

I'm planning to shoot a TVC at 100fps at 5kHD and just wondered what would be the maximum compression I can 'get away with'. I only have 2 x 1TB G-Drive Thunderbolt drives as backup media so I'm keen to keep the file sizes as small as possible without losing too much clarity.

Any advice or 'gotcha' warnings would be gratefully received.

Cheers
 
Always use the minimum compression at high speed, compression greater than 5:1 is generally a bad call IMHO. I used to say &:1, & 7:1 before that.................... When we shot film running the camera cost money which was a good discipline.

Hi all,

I'm planning to shoot a TVC at 100fps at 5kHD and just wondered what would be the maximum compression I can 'get away with'. I only have 2 x 1TB G-Drive Thunderbolt drives as backup media so I'm keen to keep the file sizes as small as possible without losing too much clarity.

Any advice or 'gotcha' warnings would be gratefully received.

Cheers
 
5K HD @ 96fps possibilities:
RED Epic Dragon w/ 240GB 1.8" REDMAG = 13:1
RED Epic Dragon w/ 512GB or 1TB MINI-MAG = 11:1
RED Weapon MG w/ all MINI-MAGs = 10:1
RED Weapon CF w/ 512GB or 1TB MINI-MAG = 8:1

Personally I shoot high speed at the lowest possible REDCODE RAW Compression Ratio.
 
Back
Top