Lau Ho Ming
Well-known member
- Joined
- Nov 4, 2012
- Messages
- 73
- Reaction score
- 0
- Points
- 0
I'm a BT Red One buyer. I'm not a big customer for the Red Company who order multiple Epic-M.
I order my BT Red One on 2Nov. Let's not talk about 2-3 weeks promise being broken it's not a really big deal after all.
I bought a Red One. I need media to record it and I need to buy some. So I decided to buy a pack of 4x48GB SSD. Instead of 2x64GB SSD.
Because I don't see I will own an Epic next 2 years or the people who own Epic will need to borrow my cards.
So I need to make sure the 48GB SSD actually works with Red One.
I research in forum and there are people from Red team claiming it will work with the current Beta firmware.
"Hello,
Thank you for contacting RED SUPPORT.
In order to use the 48GB REDMAGs with our RED ONE camera you will need to be running Beta firmware version 32.0.2. Found on our website here, https://www.red.com/downloads/502a96ce17ef023df2000213."
-Adam"
Then I reach my Bomb Squad rep on 6Nov asking whether the 48GB SSD will work with the Red One MX. This was his response.
"Yes, the 48GB SSD can run on the Red One without issue."
So I decided to purchase the 4x48GB SSD Pack.
And the SSD arrived I opened the package for inspection but the Red One is still yet to ship after 5 weeks waiting.
And then people in the forum claiming that the 48GB SSD did not work with the Red One MX camera even with the current Beta firmware 32.0.2
I emailed my Bomb Squad rep about the 48GB SSD thing he said I need to wait for a new build of firmware for Red One MX in order for the 48GB SSD to work.
But there's no estimated time of when it will be released. WTF? Now I have 4 SSD cards that didn't work with the camera I purchased.
"I have been speaking with our support team regarding when the firmware build for the 48GB SSD cards will be available and was told that there is currently no estimate as to when that will take place." That was what he said.
He suggested me to go through all the trouble of sending my SSD back to USA. Waiting for you busy guys to process for unknown length of time to refund my SSD. And then buy some 64GB SSD and wait for them to ship again...
And the main point is that I may have to charge for restocking fee because I opened the package. Here is the problem. It is not me who not satisfy with the SSD or decided to change my mind. It is you guys who sent me a product that didn't work at all.
At the moment I'm typing this. Red.com still claiming that the 48GB is compatible with Red One.
And my rep said there's a chance for restocking fee since the package was opened.So I may risk losing at least USD600 if I send it back to Red. And I don't know when you guys would finally release the firmware to support 48GB SSD if I keep them.
Could you tell me what should I do?
Ideally, I would like to wait for the new firmware for 48GB SSD. Because I don't want to go through all the trouble of returning it back to you and waiting for Red to process and purchase back the 64GB cards not to mention I may charged for 30% restocking fee which is very unreasonable for my situation. But it is a very big problem if I need to wait for a firmware with unknown release date.
So could you at the very least tell us when will we be able to use the 48GB SSD on the Red One?
Thanks,
Ming.
I order my BT Red One on 2Nov. Let's not talk about 2-3 weeks promise being broken it's not a really big deal after all.
I bought a Red One. I need media to record it and I need to buy some. So I decided to buy a pack of 4x48GB SSD. Instead of 2x64GB SSD.
Because I don't see I will own an Epic next 2 years or the people who own Epic will need to borrow my cards.
So I need to make sure the 48GB SSD actually works with Red One.
I research in forum and there are people from Red team claiming it will work with the current Beta firmware.
"Hello,
Thank you for contacting RED SUPPORT.
In order to use the 48GB REDMAGs with our RED ONE camera you will need to be running Beta firmware version 32.0.2. Found on our website here, https://www.red.com/downloads/502a96ce17ef023df2000213."
-Adam"
Then I reach my Bomb Squad rep on 6Nov asking whether the 48GB SSD will work with the Red One MX. This was his response.
"Yes, the 48GB SSD can run on the Red One without issue."
So I decided to purchase the 4x48GB SSD Pack.
And the SSD arrived I opened the package for inspection but the Red One is still yet to ship after 5 weeks waiting.
And then people in the forum claiming that the 48GB SSD did not work with the Red One MX camera even with the current Beta firmware 32.0.2
I emailed my Bomb Squad rep about the 48GB SSD thing he said I need to wait for a new build of firmware for Red One MX in order for the 48GB SSD to work.
But there's no estimated time of when it will be released. WTF? Now I have 4 SSD cards that didn't work with the camera I purchased.
"I have been speaking with our support team regarding when the firmware build for the 48GB SSD cards will be available and was told that there is currently no estimate as to when that will take place." That was what he said.
He suggested me to go through all the trouble of sending my SSD back to USA. Waiting for you busy guys to process for unknown length of time to refund my SSD. And then buy some 64GB SSD and wait for them to ship again...
And the main point is that I may have to charge for restocking fee because I opened the package. Here is the problem. It is not me who not satisfy with the SSD or decided to change my mind. It is you guys who sent me a product that didn't work at all.
At the moment I'm typing this. Red.com still claiming that the 48GB is compatible with Red One.
And my rep said there's a chance for restocking fee since the package was opened.So I may risk losing at least USD600 if I send it back to Red. And I don't know when you guys would finally release the firmware to support 48GB SSD if I keep them.
Could you tell me what should I do?
Ideally, I would like to wait for the new firmware for 48GB SSD. Because I don't want to go through all the trouble of returning it back to you and waiting for Red to process and purchase back the 64GB cards not to mention I may charged for 30% restocking fee which is very unreasonable for my situation. But it is a very big problem if I need to wait for a firmware with unknown release date.
So could you at the very least tell us when will we be able to use the 48GB SSD on the Red One?
Thanks,
Ming.