Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

Zeiss Mark 1 Super Speeds

Walter R

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 11, 2007
Messages
188
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Hi,

We are selling a set of Zeiss Mark 1 Super Speeds. This is a full, matched set -18mm, 25mm, 35mm, 50mm and 85mm - in Bayonet mount with high quality PL adapters. We've tested them on our Red and they are beautiful.

I have a standing offer for them for $16.5K, but thought I would offer them here to see what interest there might be. I know that you'd have to pay $40K for set of Mark IIIs if you could even find them, but these are Mark I, so I know we won't get anything close to that. Cinematechnic has a detailed page on the different versions of Super Speeds at: http://www.cinematechnic.com/resources/zeiss_super_speed_f1,2_lenses.html

PM me with a phone number if you are interested and want to discuss a possible purchase.

We will mostly use zooms and already own a few fast Russian primes for when we need to shoot in low light, so we just can't justify keeping this set and only using it once in a while.

Walter
 
T1.4

T1.4

Hi,

These are all T1.4 (f-stops are f1.2 for the 18mm, 25mm and 35mm and f1.3 for the 50mm and f1.4 for the 85mm). The Super Speed Mark II & Mark III were T1.3, but the Mark I sets wound up as T1.4 due to originally being Arri Bayonet - or so I understand from the information on the Cinematechnic site.
 
No focus gears and I would expect you would want to add 80mm fronts to make them uniform. Figure that into what you would pay. They are marked with feet and meters, but you would wind up covering one or the other when you mounted the focus gear - depending which measurement you're willing to cover.

Walter
 
Back
Top