Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

Xml

xml import

xml import

doing post on a red shoot and am having trouble importing redcine.xml into redcine (used redtrip to convert fcp xml to redcine xml...)

opened redcine, created new project, loaded all .R3D files into redcine... but when I use the project open selector to open my xml, the files do not appear in my library and all the folders that do are dead-ends...

anybody experience this problem? tips/advice?
 
Following the steps at redhax.net/wiki/redtrip I get to this step:

13. Open your newly generated .Redcine.xml file using the project open selector. It should load at this point You will see all of the files from your sequence in you library, with duplicate files for repeat uses. The files will not be in sequence order.

And RedCINE crashes. Perhaps this is a version problem? I've tried with REDCINE v1.0.4 (Build 90) as well as the previous build ... same results.

I've also noticed that the XML created by RedTrip does not have the ".Redcine.xml" extension mentioned above, but rather just has "Redcine.xml" (no preceding ".") added to the file name. Perhaps this is just a typo?
 
my redcine xml has the .Redcine.xml extension using the same application.. I just can't get past the folders in the library!
 
Hmmm. That's interesting. Guess I'll try again from the top. I also see that the xml file created by RedTrip doesn't have much in it...which can't be right.
 
Beware of spaces in file names. On one of the filename dialogs for RedTripDroplet Step 2 it offers me the proper name with a "\" in front of the space but the python code takes it upon itself to add another "\" thus giving me something like "Sequence\\ 1.xml" instead of "Sequence\ 1.xml" The program dies on the first one as it can't find the file. Works fine if I delete the extraneous "\" on the dialog window.
 
Ian, if you R3D files are several folders deep on a drive, will RedTrip have problems with them? Should they be as close to the top as possible? And do other things in the folders like camera logs and stuff like that cause a problem?
 
Post you Redcine XML from RedTrip.

It sounds like RedTrip is not finding your R3D files. Where are they and how are your proxies named?

IBloom

Sorry, should have posted that I got it working. Yup, it was a folder mishap. But, my Redcine XML file is still not getting the "." before the "Redcine" which is OK by me, but seems a little odd.
 
Sorry, should have posted that I got it working. Yup, it was a folder mishap. But, my Redcine XML file is still not getting the "." before the "Redcine" which is OK by me, but seems a little odd.

reinhart;
can you post exactly what that "folder mishap" was that you had? It might help some of us who are having trouble with out own RedTrip workflows.
Thanks.
 
Not related to RedTrip, but I've been doing some RED XML fiddling of my own, and been getting the 'Construct Failed' message...

I assumed I had messed up the XML somehow, so I exported a new project from REDCINE as XML and looked at it, it was the same structure. Still no luck. So I tried to reimport the example XML to REDCINE, but no luck... I can't seem to open an XML in REDCINE even if that file was just exported from the software and has not been touched...

I will have to look into it more on Monday I think.
 
Why in hell doesn't red just incorporate this whole buncha stuf into RED cine, pay you guys for development work you've done for them "for free" and it would all work invisably in the background and we dum users wouldn't hafta worry about any of this we would just hit Render and what we wanna render to and Presto... command line interface be damned, I didn't become a photographer to learn to use stupidly overcomplex tools.
 
reinhart;
can you post exactly what that "folder mishap" was that you had? It might help some of us who are having trouble with out own RedTrip workflows.
Thanks.

It was merely a case of the xml file not being in the same folder as the R3D files. When I dropped the xml onto RedTripDroplet Step 1 I noticed that (in the
console output) the folder was incorrect. I think it was pointing to the location of the xml file rather than the R3D files. (going from memory here, I'm not in front of the proper system right now.) Ultimately, I just drug the xml into the proper place (with the R3D files) and all was well.

Since I'm a true novice (well, beginner actually) at this stuff (I'm a software developer, not a movie-guy) I'll recreate all of my steps and post more details for you.
 
Hey thanks reinhart, that would be great.
From my work with RedTrip I've found that it's very particular on where all these files reside. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't and it's hard to pin-point the reason so any details is appreciated.
 
Back
Top