Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

Would you still buy a Epic-Dragon 6K ?

steven michelsen

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 22, 2013
Messages
163
Reaction score
1
Points
18
Location
CAPE TOWN SOUTH AFRICA
Hey guys,

interested to hear what you think ! Iv just sold my Scarlet-W and pondering if I should go buy a DSMC1 Epic-Dragon 6k? I was super happy with the scarlet-w but just felt a bit restricted unless it was a 5K image shot! The info im reading about the Helium is scaring me at the moment ? So I guess the question is the Epic-Dragon still relative & worth the investment ?

thanks

S
 
Do dsmc2 dragon 6k if u can
 
The DSMC2 body makes the DRAGON sensor almost a stop better in terms of noise floor. If you have a bunch of lenses that are just too long on the Scarlet-W and you need the larger sensor size of DRAGON 6K, then there might be cause to go backward. If you really wish you could shoot everything at 120fps and a goodly amount of resolution, then there might be good cause to go backward. If you are trying to do the math about 5K vs. 6K noise and resolution, I think the Scarlet-W will beat the EPIC DRAGON. As for whatever is scaring you about Helium--I don't know what you're talking about. Every DSMC2 sensor (Helium, Monstro, Gemini) is a better sensor than 99% of the people who write to complain about this or that sensor problem.
 
Hi Steven!

I have an epic dragon to sell if you are intersted to buy one.
I cannot say if its better to go on a dsmc2 or if its still good to work with the dsmc1 but i've shot my beautyfullest project with this camera!

You can have a look on some of then here : https://www.sylvestrededise.com/
all the commercials on this page was shot with my dragon!
 
I have an Epic Dragon and I haven't been tempted to upgrade.
The only thing I feel like I'm missing is built-in WiFi to use FoolControl. I don't want to have to add WiFi modules and clutter my setup.
 
Love my Epic dragon. Not fond of the helium colors but the dsmc2 body is a massive improvement.
Have you thought about the Gemini? I'm Really like the Images that sensor produces.
If I were to upgrade from my epic anytime soon, I would go with a Gemini.
 
The DSMC2 body makes the DRAGON sensor almost a stop better in terms of noise floor. If you have a bunch of lenses that are just too long on the Scarlet-W and you need the larger sensor size of DRAGON 6K, then there might be cause to go backward. If you really wish you could shoot everything at 120fps and a goodly amount of resolution, then there might be good cause to go backward. If you are trying to do the math about 5K vs. 6K noise and resolution, I think the Scarlet-W will beat the EPIC DRAGON. As for whatever is scaring you about Helium--I don't know what you're talking about. Every DSMC2 sensor (Helium, Monstro, Gemini) is a better sensor than 99% of the people who write to complain about this or that sensor problem.

This....
 
Try to find a Epic W 6K.... imposible these days... everyone knows is the best choice, if you don't need 8K...

I wanna buy one, but nobody is selling it, or they come in packages with absurd prices, there is only 2 in eBay and are CF... that is why.
 
I still have my Weapon Mg (DSMC2) Dragon, it is my bread and butter camera. I will eventually upgrade to Monstro but for now I am very happy with my images.
 
Back
Top