Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

WMG Sidekick LCD mirroring question

Tarquin Cardona

Well-known member
Joined
Apr 15, 2014
Messages
396
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
New York
Attached is a picture of my current fave go-to foto/doc configuration hands down.The outrigger handle places my index finger right in line with the sidekick so it is easy to select basics and make adjusts.But the selector red line on the LCD does not move in sync with the scroller as I change the main selections on the sidekick.The screen will register ISO change or frame rate. But the red line does not move across as I switch from frame rate to ISO to compression etc..So I cannot see what category I am scrolling to without taking my eye off the LCD and glancing at the sidekick. Is there a simple menu fix I am missing or is this a firmware fix?Anyone have any idea?I know. Big problems to have:)
 

Attachments

  • MG349ready.jpg
    MG349ready.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Great question. I will be using a similar setup with my Scarlet-W so hoping the setting you are asking about is available or possible in a firmware update. The sidekick is a nice accessory for adding physical control over settings and especially assignable buttons. Because the screen is not on the operator side of the camera, seeing the selector guide on the LCD is necessary for use of the sidekick for efficient handheld and single operator use.
 
Yes Jon. I think/hope it must be an oh so easy thing to address because when you change/scroll through the sub category like ISO or WB it changes on the monitor NP.
This configuration is about the best I have had with a DSMC because with the old side handle I would always need to lock the buttons so I didn't set them off by mistake because you were grabbing the handle where the buttons are laid out.

Here when your hand is around the grip there is no chance of that. Plus in this config I can fold my screen down flat and just slide it right back in my bag. Bingo.
 
If it's the same as the sidekick for my Dragon that I had for awhile, it was a button that decided where the changes showed up - whether on the screen or on the side module. I'm sure Phil would have an answer for this since he's had Weapon for awhile. Hope you get it figured out. Looks like a sick set-up to me.
 
Hey Levi. In this case the changes show up. So If I scroll from 320 to 400 to 800 or whatever, I see the change register on the LCD touch.
The only thing I didn't see move was the red bar below the category on the touch screen. So if you are wanting to just make a quick change with your finger on the sidekick, you can't tell which 'category' you have highlighted.
It's a super minor thing but would just make life so much easier as you can keep your eyes on the screen and what you are doing...... Yes. Set up is best yet with Red. Clean compact. All built and ready to roll.
And the trigger on the outrigger is well figured. No accidental misfires....
 
The Sidekick and LCD where designed to be independent control surfaces. It sounds like you might be able to do what you want by placing the sidekick in "remote" mode (by pressing the MODE button). This will allow you to drive the menus on the LCD using the navigation keys on the Sidekick.
 
The Sidekick and LCD where designed to be independent control surfaces. It sounds like you might be able to do what you want by placing the sidekick in "remote" mode (by pressing the MODE button). This will allow you to drive the menus on the LCD using the navigation keys on the Sidekick.

Boom! Trent gotcha covered. The MODE button is what I was trying to think of, Tarquin
 
Back
Top