Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

Why can't you buy the Magnesium Weapon 6K anymore?

Zachary Abitz

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 10, 2014
Messages
52
Reaction score
0
Points
6
Location
Phoenix, Arizona
I really like the Dragon Sensor, the new DSMC2 body and I don't need 8K so I'm just wondering where the Magnesium 6K Weapon went? The woven is nearly $50k while the Magnesium is under $30k. Sorry if this has been address but I haven't seen a why?

Thanks.
 
To simplify their line they removed the weapon mg when the epic-w got released. This was partially because weapon mg and CF had different processing power inside so you had a faster weapon and a slower one and with the epic-w having the same price as the MG and being faster (processing wise) they opt to have the weapon name as their top of the line.
It's being said that they will release a sensor swapping program and will allow you to interchange between helium and dragon (for a small fee after purchasing the other sensor). The Epic-w might have this option, for now only the weapon CF was kind of confirmed.
If you really want a MG the only way right now is to get a used one.
 
Last edited:
Weapon Mg was an upgrade deal for Red owners who were in the $30K budget range. It got phased out in favor of the Epic-W.
 
Truth is Red Weapon Magnesium is a unicorn in the lineup. Super good. Those of us that got into it got a hellofa deal. I think of all the resale cameras magnesium will hold a premium price because of it's specs.

Im holding onto mine for now. And they just gave it 4k prores so thats cool.
 
Back
Top