- Moderator
- #1
Brook Willard
REDuser Sponsor
- Joined
- Dec 28, 2006
- Messages
- 5,392
- Reaction score
- 3
- Points
- 38
- Age
- 41
- Location
- Burbank, CA
- Website
- www.brookwillard.com
What we know:
What we don't know:
I will update this thread as more solid information appears. If I've made a mistake, any moderator or RED team member should have the ability to edit this post.
- RED
- Professional [not prosumer]
- Digital Cinema Camera
- Named Scarlet
- Will not compete with or replace the RED ONE
- To be introduced at NAB 2008
- It'll have a sensor
- And [metric] buttons

- RED trademarked "Scarlet 2K"
- Assimilate's SCRATCH will support Scarlet
- Cloverfield was not shot on Scarlet. Give it up.
OK... you talked me into it.
Scarlet will be a surprise, no matter what you thought.
It will not be a shirt pocket camera.
It will look different than you imagined.
It will be all metal, no plastic.
We will not take reservations for it... it will not be for sale at the show.
It will weigh more than any pocket consumer camera.
It will record REDCODE RAW (duh).
Hope that helps.
jim
What we don't know:
- Size of the pocket in question.
- Anything else.
I will update this thread as more solid information appears. If I've made a mistake, any moderator or RED team member should have the ability to edit this post.