Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

West Papua in 4K

Joined
May 25, 2017
Messages
8
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Örebro, Sweden
Hello Everybody!

I recently made another trip to some islands in west Papua, Indonesia and this time I brought the RED camera of course.
This is a very interesting area because tourism is pretty low in the area we went.

We travelled for 30 days and stayed on Pulau Biak, Yapen and Supiori.

Equipment used:
RED Scarlet-W with various lenses from Samyang and Nikon from 14mm to 105mm Macro.
Devin Graham series Glidecam.
All shot in RAW and mostly in 4K 120fps.

First time I did a complete project in Davinvi Resolve and I really enjoyed it for color grading purposes. I had some issues with audio editing, I don't know how to use all the features :P
Now it's time to plan the next trip.

Enjoy :)
 
I had a few problems with it but setting it up is easy. Had it strapped to the side of my backpack all the time.

Positive
The top plate is brilliant and superfast to adjust. I normally balance the whole thing in around a minute.
It works in heavy rain and all weather conditions :)

Drawbacks:
The screw that adjusts the height of the pole is very stiff on my unit. Even though you twist it with hand force as hard as you can the pole slips out as you move. So every now and then you have to re-adjust the height of the pole. This also makes the bottom part with weights turn so it gets out of alignment :)
The plates where weights are attached moves sometimes and one gets stuck about halfway from outer position.

I’ll try to clean it and see how it works out. Still it’s the best I’ve ever used :) Would happily recommend it.
 
Back
Top