Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

Weapon Power Consumption

Stephen Franchek

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 15, 2011
Messages
196
Reaction score
2
Points
18
Location
NYC
Hey Everyone!
Has anyone done any exhaustive testing on Weapon's power consumption vs Epic Dragon? I'm talking:

. Idle Power Time
. Redcode Raw Record Operation Time
. Redcode Raw with Prores Record Operation Time
. Prores Record Operation Time

The reason I ask is because I'm due for my Weapon upgrade and I'm trying to figure out its viability as a documentary cam. I'm so happy that Red added prores functionality, now I just need to know if I'll need 100lbs of batteries to power it all day. If anyone has advice on a good doc build, I'll take that too. Say, maybe having an EVF over a monitor can save some juice?
Thanks!
 
Phil say 1hour 52 mins here on Redvolts XL, so am guessing the power consumption is lesser than Epic Dragon
 
I have no scientific accurate tests to show, but from my experience the power consumption of the Weapon is very much on par with the Dragon, maybe a "hair" less...
 
Back
Top