Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

Weapon on Shoulder?

I have a "Franken-clutch" I made from bits of about every accessory maker we know.

ET Mantis shoulderpad
Red dovetail plate
Allstar handles
Red collarbone and dogbones
Berkey chest and back pads

Also some bits from Wooden Camera and Smallrig to cobble it together.

I can literally let go of it with both hands if I need to and it stays put on my shoulder.
 

Attachments

  • 2016-03-29 02.33.06.jpg
    2016-03-29 02.33.06.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 0
I'm still waiting for my camera, but I think Phil's solution back in the day looks perfect. Essentially it's a clutch with the shoulder pad in a different position. It allows for the camera to be switched to a tripod and keep the rails, matte box, etc.
 

Attachments

  • phfx_redClutchMarkVII.jpg
    phfx_redClutchMarkVII.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 0
Taylor, I think your bracket is great...will be especially nice with an OMOD or something on the back, so you can stick a shoulder pad via velcro on the bottom without obstructing vents.

PS. the Letus MCS shoulder pad is the bees knees for anyone looking for a nice pad, really cradles the shoulder and adds very little weight. Been using it on Alexa handheld jobs with 40lb+ cameras and it's a godsend.
 
Back
Top