Stacey Spears
Well-known member
- Joined
- Sep 15, 2007
- Messages
- 3,130
- Reaction score
- 2
- Points
- 38
- Age
- 56
- Location
- Sammamish, WA
- Website
- www.spearsandmunsil.com
There have been several posts about Vista in the various REDCINE threads. I thought dedicated thread to discuss the issues would be a good idea.
At this time REDCINE is not supported on Vista, let alone 64-bit Vista. I have successfully run REDCINE under 32-bit Vista. I am currently having problems under 64-bit Vista.
I hope this does not turn into a why you should or should not run Vista thread. You can find plenty of those if you Google "Vista".
I simply wanted a thread where we can share our results so that Red and Assimilate would have some useful data to work with.
My machine config:
1. Dual E5462 CPUs (2.8 GHz quad core)
2. Supermicro X7DWA-N motherboard (BIOS 1.0b)
3. 16 GB DDR2 FB-DIMM (800 MHz)
4. nVidia Quadro FX4600 (driver: 165.62)
5. 64-bit Vista Ultimate w/ current updates
Current 64-bit Issues:
1. Having trouble installing build 74. I encountered a 2275 error message during the install. (on page with progress bar) I was able to get around this by unzipping on a 32-bit Vista and copying the .msi over. I also used a different program to unzip on 32-bit Vista.
2. If I swipe the right side of the screen, REDCINE exits. Swiping the top and bottom appear to work OK.
3. I tried w/ and w/o XP SP2 compatability mode and I got different results. I have attached 6 log files. For testing, I am using the 2k and 4k R3D file posted by Red.
REDCINE_1.log - Open and close REDCINE in no compat mode. (baseline)
REDCINE_1a.log - Open A001_C006_071102_001.R3D (2k), close in no compat mode (shows blue)
REDCINE_1b.log - Open A003_C007_071105_001.R3D (4k), close in no compat mode (reports no media)
REDCINE_2.log - Open and close REDCINE in XPSP2 compat mode (baseline)
REDCINE_2a.log - Open A001_C006_071102_001.R3D (2k), close in XPSP2 compat mode (reports no media)
REDCINE_2b.log - Open A003_C007_071105_001.R3D (4k), close in XPSP2 compat mode (reports no media)
I would launch REDCINE, load shot and then exit REDCINE. After I moved the log file, I would delete all files from C:\ProgramData\REDCINE to start the next test with a clean slate.
At this time REDCINE is not supported on Vista, let alone 64-bit Vista. I have successfully run REDCINE under 32-bit Vista. I am currently having problems under 64-bit Vista.
I hope this does not turn into a why you should or should not run Vista thread. You can find plenty of those if you Google "Vista".
My machine config:
1. Dual E5462 CPUs (2.8 GHz quad core)
2. Supermicro X7DWA-N motherboard (BIOS 1.0b)
3. 16 GB DDR2 FB-DIMM (800 MHz)
4. nVidia Quadro FX4600 (driver: 165.62)
5. 64-bit Vista Ultimate w/ current updates
Current 64-bit Issues:
1. Having trouble installing build 74. I encountered a 2275 error message during the install. (on page with progress bar) I was able to get around this by unzipping on a 32-bit Vista and copying the .msi over. I also used a different program to unzip on 32-bit Vista.
2. If I swipe the right side of the screen, REDCINE exits. Swiping the top and bottom appear to work OK.
3. I tried w/ and w/o XP SP2 compatability mode and I got different results. I have attached 6 log files. For testing, I am using the 2k and 4k R3D file posted by Red.
REDCINE_1.log - Open and close REDCINE in no compat mode. (baseline)
REDCINE_1a.log - Open A001_C006_071102_001.R3D (2k), close in no compat mode (shows blue)
REDCINE_1b.log - Open A003_C007_071105_001.R3D (4k), close in no compat mode (reports no media)
REDCINE_2.log - Open and close REDCINE in XPSP2 compat mode (baseline)
REDCINE_2a.log - Open A001_C006_071102_001.R3D (2k), close in XPSP2 compat mode (reports no media)
REDCINE_2b.log - Open A003_C007_071105_001.R3D (4k), close in XPSP2 compat mode (reports no media)
I would launch REDCINE, load shot and then exit REDCINE. After I moved the log file, I would delete all files from C:\ProgramData\REDCINE to start the next test with a clean slate.