Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

V-Lock I/O expander audio issue

Phil Thomas

Active member
Joined
Apr 22, 2012
Messages
33
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
London, UK
I've just taken delivery of the V-Lock I/O expander as there was no sign of the REDVOLT expander showing up and I need to put audio into my carbon weapon on some shoots.

The audio is very noisy if increase the gain on the rear inputs even without a cable attached. I've built a cable and can hear the mic but there is buzz even without a cable plugged in!

Does anyone else have this module, are they experiencing similar issues?
 
I've got the Red XLR cable for the epic but this is wired differently as the new system is stereo unbalanced. When I asked I was told red don't produce a break out cable for this module.

It still doesn't answer why there's so much noise even without anything plugged in?

Anyone else have this module that could offer any advice?
 
Darin's, it's interesting that you're experiencing the same issue. I class the audio as unusable to be honest, I think I'm going to have to speak to RED and I'll keep everyone posted.

For the record, I'm feeding it mic level as historically REDs can't take line level inputs
 
I've found that you have to toggle the input back and forth from Internal Microphones to/from Rear Analog a few times to get the system to start responding correctly. Often when I first startup the Weapon the audio is completely unusable, but with a few presses of the source drop down and switching from Internal to Rear a few times things start working much better.
 
I've found that you have to toggle the input back and forth from Internal Microphones to/from Rear Analog a few times to get the system to start responding correctly. Often when I first startup the Weapon the audio is completely unusable, but with a few presses of the source drop down and switching from Internal to Rear a few times things start working much better.

So maybe it's firmware related???
 
If you are having issues, please open a support ticket at support.red.com and send us your log.
 
Back
Top