Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

Transfer Red files without a computer?

Judy Lehmberg

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 21, 2008
Messages
56
Reaction score
0
Points
6
Location
Dayton, Texas
I will be spending 2 months filming in several countries in Africa next year. Due to the weight limitations of some of the smaller airplanes we will be using I am trying to take only the essentials. Anyone know of a way to transfer the data from a Red mag to a USB hard drive without a computer? I can get a really cheap, light computer but wondered if there are any other options. Thank you, Judy
 
Nextto DI is an option.

Although, I think a Surface Book or something similar is a bit more flexible.

I use a larger MSI Notebook for all my field and remote work. Having the ability to review and work on clips while abroad is a big plus for me usually. Although, my real solution for my last insane gig was just having a great deal of media on hand to make it through a long shooting day. Offload and backup in the evenings. Shoot again in the morning.
 
I recently went through the loss of my Macbook pro 15 in a 3rd world country and what a pain it was to get something that would do the job. Look at the new 12 inch dell xps coming out, will be available with 4k screen and has the latest usb c io. It is going to be a great traveling machine. Or get a refurb 13" macbookpro after 2013 when they went to thunderbolt 2. 2x thunderbolt2 and 2x usb3, retina screen, find one with I7 and FCpro is useable. 11" macbook air is ok but screen is horrible and only 1 thunderbolt and dog slow, but really light if all you need is transfer red mags and web browse.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top