Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

Timecode in DPX sequence at Release 3.1.2

ronaldosousa

New member
Joined
Aug 20, 2008
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Points
0
When I try to convert in Output Tab , my DPX File don't come with TImecode , and I Olnly see in SMPTE 15:15:15:15:15... I try other version , and the only version if worked is the 1.0.1. Someone know something about this ?

Thanks
 
I'm using a red adapter and an omni microphone, but not getting any sound
 
Hi

I used Redcine 3.1.2 to convert to dpx and the files did have timecode. It is important that when you recorded the camera was set on "Timecode" not "Edgecode".
The gluetools codec didn't read the timecode correctly. But Baselight did.

I also used a tool called dpx timecode editor to inject timecode into clips that were rendered. Worked great.
 
Hi

I used Redcine 3.1.2 to convert to dpx and the files did have timecode. It is important that when you recorded the camera was set on "Timecode" not "Edgecode".
The gluetools codec didn't read the timecode correctly. But Baselight did.

I also used a tool called dpx timecode editor to inject timecode into clips that were rendered. Worked great.

thats interesting, we always use edgecode. The TC and EC are both stored in meta data. i didnt know people were having problems with that.
 
Hi

I used Redcine 3.1.2 to convert to dpx and the files did have timecode. It is important that when you recorded the camera was set on "Timecode" not "Edgecode".
The gluetools codec didn't read the timecode correctly. But Baselight did.

I also used a tool called dpx timecode editor to inject timecode into clips that were rendered. Worked great.

The RED will record both TOD and Edgecode. Do not quiet understand setting the camera on "timecode" not "Edgecode". Unless you are referring to which time code the LCD/EVF is set for display. Thanks for the tip for the tool dpx timecode editor. - Lim
 
thats interesting, we always use edgecode. The TC and EC are both stored in meta data. i didnt know people were having problems with that.

I think the biggest thing is that when one is finishing to film/high-end DI the ext/tod code is likely the TC used for the on-line. Therefore it makes sense for that to be the default TC displayed on the back of the camera (i.e. the first TC track in the QT proxy movies).

That will probably save a lot of confusion - especially if the offline is done in FCP (which successfully reads TC1 in the proxy), metadata supplied to an Avid edit should be the ext/tod for a workflow equivalent to a traditionall film offline -> online.

Then again, your post house may be kind of clever and has written tools to match either TC based on the r3d data :)

Basically whatever TC is used for the on-line should be the same as the TC you're using for your off-line.
 
Back
Top