Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

Tiff export causes red pixel error, DPX is good

Sebastian Cramer

Well-known member
Joined
Mar 15, 2007
Messages
112
Reaction score
0
Points
0
I was trying to export various scenes today from a commercial shoot. The tiff export caused some very ugly red pixels in the green screen background. DPX export was ok and then used. RedCine 3.1.2 on Macpro 8core 3GHz, latest version of Leopard.

First image is showing the DPX out, second the same image as Tiff.

Any ideas? Has someone seen something similar?

Thanks,
Sebastian
 
I was trying to export various scenes today from a commercial shoot. The tiff export caused some very ugly red pixels in the green screen background. DPX export was ok and then used. RedCine 3.1.2 on Macpro 8core 3GHz, latest version of Leopard.

First image is showing the DPX out, second the same image as Tiff.

Any ideas? Has someone seen something similar?

Thanks,
Sebastian

Are you exporting 8- or 16-bit TIFFs?

Lucas
------
ASSIMILATE, inc.
LA, CA, USA
 
Hi Lucas,
I was originally exporting in 16 bit and later the day I was doing the same in 8bit. Both had this effect.
 
Does this mean you have had these red pixels yourself? Phehh... 32bit, that makes it all even larger and other than the image might be clear I don't see any benefit in going so high. Any suggestions, Lucas or someone else?

Thanks,
Sebastian
 
32 bit resolved the issue for me.

Could be that the pixels are 'wrapping'? That's when you have a pixel whose value exceeds the bitspace, and rather than clipping at white it wraps back to zero plus the leftover value.

I've not seen that in Scratch / RedCine, but I have in Nuke and other compositing packages.

cheers,

John T.
 
Thanks John,
any workaround here? Or simply go the DPX route until the issue is fixed in RC?
 
Back
Top