Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

Thinking about selling our battle tested RED ONE MX

Matt Doane

Well-known member
Joined
Aug 9, 2010
Messages
252
Reaction score
0
Points
16
Location
Texas
We still get some great use out of our R1MX, but it's so heavy, and there's a lot of other good options on the market now. What's the going rate for one these days? Might sell it to pay for the FS7, or maybe a Scarlet. Not sure.
 
Don't undercut yourself on it's worth and kill the value. Some people list them way lower than they should be. You got a $25,000 camera for $4,000 - a lot of people missed out on that amazing deal.
 
We still get some great use out of our R1MX, but it's so heavy, and there's a lot of other good options on the market now. What's the going rate for one these days? Might sell it to pay for the FS7, or maybe a Scarlet. Not sure.

What kind of accessories? I think it would be hard to sell an R-1 without a lot of accompanying accessories. Too costly to outfit a naked camera.
 
What kind of accessories? I think it would be hard to sell an R-1 without a lot of accompanying accessories. Too costly to outfit a naked camera.

I'd probably sell the full kit minus extra mags and lenses. PL mount, OptiTek Nikon mount, PAGLink batteries and charger, pelican case, rods/etc.
 
Don't undercut yourself on it's worth and kill the value. Some people list them way lower than they should be. You got a $25,000 camera for $4,000 - a lot of people missed out on that amazing deal.

Yeah, I agree with this. I don't think we'll ever see another deal like that.
 
Exactly. I know a lot of people who were super pissed to have missed out, so it's not like you need to go lower than Red did. That was a one-time thing on their part.
 
Exactly. I know a lot of people who were super pissed to have missed out, so it's not like you need to go lower than Red did. That was a one-time thing on their part.

Yeah, like the one just recently done on Scarlet and Epic Dragons...
 
By which I mean they're never going to be selling Red Ones again.
 
Maybe they are newer, but for some applications a Scarlet isn;t really better, and a Red One MX still has advantages (less frequent need to do blackshade, for one, among others, higher max fps and resolution in video, easier IR solutions)

Sony cams do not shoot 4K RAW unless you are willing ti spend a ton extra, and then the RAW is a huge file compared to Red. WHy sell it? Shoot, be happy.
 
Maybe they are newer, but for some applications a Scarlet isn;t really better, and a Red One MX still has advantages (less frequent need to do blackshade, for one, among others, higher max fps and resolution in video, easier IR solutions)

Sony cams do not shoot 4K RAW unless you are willing ti spend a ton extra, and then the RAW is a huge file compared to Red. WHy sell it? Shoot, be happy.

We do use it, and have loved it. No complaints other than the weight. We're a small team so usually a two to three man crew. While I do appreciate the flexibility of a RAW workflow, it hasn't added that much value to our work. I'm willing to trade RED RAW for XAVC for the weight and ease of use. Maybe.
 
Back
Top