Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

Testing shows...

Build 6 - Oh MY!

Build 6 was the primary build we used on our first Red feature - seems like 20 years ago and a totally different camera.

Hey no build 6 bashing.:angry2: Build 6 was the workhorse, the rock. In a world where build 8 was getting kicked off cliffs, build 6 was there for you!

IBloom
 
In other words:

What affects the image is how much light you let through the lens which will hit the sensor by adjusting your aperture and your shutter speed.

Setting your ASA improperly could lead you to let too much or too little light hit the sensor.
 
Yes, as I have said before. Meta-data is called meta-data because it is not the main data, it is descriptor or altering data. ISO / ASA is meta-data.

However the choices you make based on meta-data often are not.

The truth. You have a camera in your hands. RED loaded it with 320 Daylight balanced film. (it just happens to be silicon instead of silver halides)

Rate it and push or pull it around as you will. There will be prices to pay and incentives to gain. Just like with film.

This ain't your DVX or SDX or HVX killer. This is a digital film camera.
 
Yes, as I have said before. Meta-data is called meta-data because it is not the main data, it is descriptor or altering data. ISO / ASA is meta-data.

However the choices you make based on meta-data often are not.

The truth. You have a camera in your hands. RED loaded it with 320 Daylight balanced film. (it just happens to be silicon instead of silver halides)

Rate it and push or pull it around as you will. There will be prices to pay and incentives to gain. Just like with film.

This ain't your DVX or SDX or HVX killer. This is a digital film camera.

very, very well put.

David
 
jim, can you elaborate a bit about what has been done in build 16 to improve tungsten? You mentioned that in the build 16 thread.

Thanks!
 
jim, can you elaborate a bit about what has been done in build 16 to improve tungsten? You mentioned that in the build 16 thread.

Thanks!

I think from now on it is our job to deliver... then you guys can test it yourselves.

I am not opposed to saying what we are finding. I am more reluctant to say what we have done.

Jim
 
I think from now on it is our job to deliver... then you guys can test it yourselves.

I am not opposed to saying what we are finding. I am more reluctant to say what we have done.

Jim

Fair enough. I was curious as I have a very challenging shoot coming up late summer and I was happy to hear that you may have made some discoveries in that regard. When 16 is available I will be doing a lot of tests to see what it's all about. Can't wait.

Have you got any sleep yet Jim?
 
I think from now on it is our job to deliver... then you guys can test it yourselves.Jim

That's fair. everyone should test, but your findings help A LOT!

So thanks because these discussions help me get the most out of the camera.

David
 
Back
Top