Trevor D K
Member
- Joined
- Feb 21, 2016
- Messages
- 9
- Reaction score
- 0
- Points
- 0
Any thoughts or experiences please on the using the Syrp Magic Carpet slider with the Epic X ?
Syrp indicates the slider has a load capacity up to 15.4 lbs, my stripped down Red with an L series Canon works out at approximately 8 lbs, so theoretical this should be a breeze...
I’m sure this would be ok with horizontal tracking movement and hopefully “buttery smooth'' as marketed, but how does it perform with vertical movement using their counter weight system ? I would be buying the kit blind hence the concern.
I have no doubt that the slider is great when combined with the Syrp Genie and a DSLR for time lapse motion control work, which I would also be using it for, but also plan to use it for real time movement with the heavier Red with or without the Genie ...
Syrp indicates the slider has a load capacity up to 15.4 lbs, my stripped down Red with an L series Canon works out at approximately 8 lbs, so theoretical this should be a breeze...
I’m sure this would be ok with horizontal tracking movement and hopefully “buttery smooth'' as marketed, but how does it perform with vertical movement using their counter weight system ? I would be buying the kit blind hence the concern.
I have no doubt that the slider is great when combined with the Syrp Genie and a DSLR for time lapse motion control work, which I would also be using it for, but also plan to use it for real time movement with the heavier Red with or without the Genie ...