Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

Switching timecodes?

Chris Swinbanks

Well-known member
Joined
Aug 16, 2007
Messages
282
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Sydney
Website
www.animallogic.com
Is there any way known to get Redcine to switch from the default camera set timecode (eg edge T/C) to TOD T/C, instead of manually entering the values in the T/C box under Shot?
 
Thanks, but 'Source TC' gives me the edgecode (the one that resets to 01:00:00:00 each time you change the reel).
I would like to display (and embed when rendering) the Time-Of-Day Timecode that is also recorded by the camera (similar to free-run).

Isn't there a way to do that ??? RR / RL let you chose, but I can't figure out how to switch it in RC...
 
Hmm...
I looked again, 'Timecode' seems to be the timeline timecode (it starts at 00:00:00:00 at the begining, and then keeps going until the end). Edgecode typically starts at 01:00:00:00...
I've tried all the options in that menu, but never got anything that looks like TOD timecode...

Could anybody from Red or Assimilate please answer this ?
Thanks,
Nils.
 
timecode switching

timecode switching

For what it's worth I've been outputting Timecode on Redcine 3.12 using Build 15 footage. The Timecode appears as the Source TC where Edgecode usually would be. The difference here is the camera is set to Jam sync and to display Timecode whilst we are filming, not Edgecode as we are using an audio DAT as master.

Toby
 
Ok, thanks Toby,
so maybe it depends on what you chose to display on the camera during the shoot...
Couldn't we get to choose afterwards ?
RA and RR give us the option, why not RC ?
I prefer to use the edgecode display when shooting (this way you know how much you shot on that particular reel), but I like to use TOD timecode when rendering...
 
Back
Top