Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

Swit S-8082S 95wh, light weight V-Mounts work on Dragon?

Gene Sung

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 14, 2014
Messages
531
Reaction score
1
Points
0
Location
Los Angeles
Hi,

I have several light weight Swit S-8082S 95wh which I was hoping to use as a lightweight V-Mount for a Dragon (or Weapon) + DJI Ronin, when I get my Red. It's only 1.6 lbs which very light for a V-Mount.

I'm seeing conflicting specs regarding this battery. Some URLs list it at 50w max output while another URL is listing it at 100w output. Not sure which URL is correct, so does anyone use the Swit S-8082S 95wh on their Dragon?

Also, if it is 50w max output, that's not enough for the Dragon or Weapon, correct?

Thanks
 
Hi,

We have 2 Dragon with 5 of these vlock and no pb at all with 7 touch and a wireless cinegears ff on the d-tap.
Alex
 
Hi Alexandre,

Thanks so much for your response.

Just to make sure, since Swit just wrote me back and told me they are in fact a 50 watt max output (website mistake), this is the Swit S-8082S 95wh that you guys are using, correct?

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1130057-REG/swit_s_8082s_95wh_v_mount_battery.html

I believe reading somewhere that the power draw for the Dragon and Weapon are around 70 watts. If so, could this cause potential problems at 50 watt max output?

Cheers

Edit: Now I'm curious as to the max wattage output on a single Red Volt? Is that over 50 watts? Seems amazing that such a tiny battery can power the Dragon.
 
Last edited:
Hi Gene,

Yes it's this one, and for aircraft it's perfect :)

For max outpout I didn't know how much power the Dragon need to power up.

Alex
 
Back
Top