Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

Surprise...?

Jim, if you could enable the LCD/EFV desqueeze to go with this amazing piece of information you just shared I will do a cartwheel on the ceiling :) This is freakin incredible! I couldn't ask for anything more as this compliments my anamorphic set I'm putting together.
 
this is why we ask you for ridiculous requests jim, because you keep fulfilling them.
 
Jim is my hero. Now, if production and shipping do really, really well this month, perhaps, oh, 64 "extra" Red Ones will be available for delivery? #2464 is communicating with me telepathically, saying it wants to arrive shortly :-).
 
I know what epic is , its a very large steak being driven into the hearts of anyone who still thinks RED isn't the real deal.
 
We were trying to hold off talking about this until the codec errors were completely killed (we think they are with the build coming in a day or two), but there has already been some discussion about this so here you go:

The RED ONE will soon be able to shoot 4.5K, 2.40:1 at 30fps. Expect to see this very soon.

Jim

Yes, this is amazing. Thanks Jim. I can send you delicious original home made marquisa, something u cannot get in your place.

This is truly amazing
 
We were trying to hold off talking about this until the codec errors were completely killed (we think they are with the build coming in a day or two)

Jim
oh yes, please, have a major greenscreen shooting on Thursday. Would be nice to jump on it. And as always: love that cam....
 
It Christmas every month at RED... It's like buying a CD audio player that you can upgrade to a Blu-Ray player for free with a firmware release...
 
Are you assuming you know what Epic is? :-)

We've only got what you gave us at NAB and on the web site. And pretty much everything said there is or will soon be integrated into RED ONE.

So to beat the the improvement curve of the RED One, the Epic would have to be something like a 8K (if not 16K), 3200 ISO native sensor, 20 bits D/A, universal prime lens (any length you wish in a single lens at F1.0), 5000 FPS, terabyte CF, realtime debayering, weight 3 pounds and be able to run for 20 hours on a single AAA battery. And it would be nice if it could serve ice mokaccino on the set between the takes.

Can you do that Jim? ;-)
 
At that pace, they'll be a GPS in the firmware when I get mine... I'm not due until september and already, my wife is sooo "blazé" with all the news and excitement I tell her everyday about this camera I still don"t have... You should see her face now...
 
So to beat the the improvement curve of the RED One, the Epic would have to be something like a 8K (if not 16K), 3200 ISO native sensor, 20 bits D/A, universal prime lens (any length you wish in a single lens at F1.0), 5000 FPS, terabyte CF, realtime debayering, weight 3 pounds and be able to run for 20 hours on a single AAA battery. And it would be nice if it could serve ice mokaccino on the set between the takes.

you missed the announcment.
you are talking about RED LEGEND.

Did you hear about RED HERO?

---btw. arent there some .jim files....hehe
 
Epic?

Yup, I know what it is:

It's better than RED, basically because it's your second (or third) cam.
It will have better/newer processors.
New batteryplate :)
More rez
Less compression
Higher fps
And be directly aimed at Phantom/Genesis/F35/D21 (not that the O<NE isn't aiming at those already)
In smaller markets, film will be more or less booed out by the release of EPIC. EPIC is a shot @ the higher budget markets.

I think...

Back on topic...
 
Percent of sensor

Percent of sensor

Jim, or Graeme, or anybody with red letters... some time ago Graeme explained that for this or that reason, only x (70-odd percent?) of the sensor was being used in 4K, 3K etc.

Question is, what will be the new useable resolution of the 4.5K that will be enabled in the new Build 16? Will it follow that same formula?

http://www.reduser.net/forum/showthread.php?p=204110#post204110
 
Back
Top