Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

Strange RED Dragon monitor output issue

Thanavorakit K.

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 23, 2010
Messages
435
Reaction score
0
Points
16
I recently found my camera has a strange monitor output issue. Please take a look at this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU3j2iYGCl4

It seems like some sort of V-sync issue but just ONLY on the displaying output. The recorded images look fine, no rolling issue or whatsoever.

What I've tried so far:
- Upgrading the firmware
- Trying different camera settings ie. FPS, format, etc...
- Different cables
- Both HDMI & SDI outputs
- Using V-mount battery, side-handle battery or straight from AC power cable.

It happens randomly regardless what the camera temperature is. So I don't think it's about the camera getting hot.

The only way I'm using to to get rid of the issue is to reboot the brain. Sometimes that fixes the issue but sometimes not. I have to keep rebooting a few times until it's gone which is quite annoying at the sets.

Any advice?
 
Hello

I had simillar Proplems on our RED Epic MX with the 5.0 Touch. And on top of that sometimes the touch does not work properly. After a while we found out that the Lemo connection on the Side SSD moduel is faulty. Sooner or later it's gona go in to repair.

And yeah sometimes after reboot my problem is alsoe gone as long as i don't do a shutdown. So i can work with it but it's kinda bugs me out really need to get it fixd asap.
 
Back
Top