Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

Stage 3 Deposits?

Count me in as someone who's eager to know about Stage 3. Really
hoping it opens up before the end of the year.
 
I wonder if RED will release the no. of people who took up Stage 2 so Stage 3 and beyond will know how many orders they need to fulfill...

Yeah, this would be really good to know.

At 700 units a month Stage 3 might be 2 months or 8 months after first units ship.

Meanwhile here in Stage 3, to MX or not to MX, the $7000 question.
 
Has the price to MX gone up?
No still US$5750.

AU$7000 is how much it would probably end up costing me. Factoring in fee on international funds transfer, shipping, aussie dollar taking a nose dive minutes before I make the transaction...apologies for not spelling that out.
 
aussie dollar taking a nose dive minutes before I make the transaction

You can wire the money at any time to your RED account. You won't earn interest on it, but it will cover you in the case the exchange rate is no longer in your favor. If you decide you don't want to upgrde to MX, and instead apply to EPIC, no problem.
 
Meanwhile here in Stage 3, to MX or not to MX, the $7000 question.

Or 3.5.

I was close to pulling the trigger when the current minor MX delay was announced. EPIC is everything I've always wanted, so the pendulum may well swing back again. I'll use the next few weeks for some breathing room, to wait for more news and clear #s on all accessories (am really hoping 3.5 gets a break on EPIC SSD)... - but it's an exhilarating time, and I have a feeling the leap to that 5 lb wonder will prove to be irresistible.

A couple of weeks ago I was ready to empty my bank account and go MX with the R-1 SSD if I'd been able to do both - now, I can't bring myself to contemplate it with EPIC truly imminent.
 
Or 3.5.

I was close to pulling the trigger when the current minor MX delay was announced. EPIC is everything I've always wanted, so the pendulum may well swing back again. I'll use the next few weeks for some breathing room, to wait for more news and clear #s on all accessories (am really hoping 3.5 gets a break on EPIC SSD)... - but it's an exhilarating time, and I have a feeling the leap to that 5 lb wonder will prove to be irresistible.

A couple of weeks ago I was ready to empty my bank account and go MX with the R-1 SSD if I'd been able to do both - now, I can't bring myself to contemplate it with EPIC truly imminent.

Brendan,

I am holding out hope that Jim will offer us (in stage 3.5) some kind of financial incentive to hold one to our Red One cameras. :closedeyes:

However, even if that does not come to pass, you might want to consider how long it will take to get to us considering that Epic will not be a mass produced camera like the Scarlet.

Either way, no matter what happens, the SSD drives that you buy in the coming months will be usable when your Epic arrives.
 
Oh, I thought there might actually be something..
 
Back
Top