So I'm not usually one to look a GiftHorse in the mouth (Yeah I'm lookin at you JIM) but here goes. -And I respectfully ask everyone in Stage 2 to not bury this question as has typically been the case.
This is a question really aimed at Jim or Jarred. And yeah... clearly you guys are crazy busy and doing some amazing things and this kind of stuff is the last thing on your minds but here goes:
Several times the possibility of a 2.5 option has been discussed and even acknowledged by Jim as being "under consideration." This would ideally be something that, while not in anyway discounting the commitments of those who jumped headlong into stage 2, would allow us devoted RED ONE owners that for whatever reason, financial or otherwise, are in stage 3 to keep our RED ONES when we upgrade to Epic, for a higher price tag of course. It would be very useful at the current time to know if this is still under consideration or if any decisions have been made for two reasons.
First, some stage 3 owners may have just recently upgraded to MX or may be considering the MX upgrade to maintain viable marketability on themselves and their red one's in their respective markets... a sizable investment. I think many forget that upgrading the MX in some places may have been market driven in order to keep the camera renting while waiting for Epic... its not always a personal choice by the owner; it in many cases is market driven... as this is in every respect a professional camera.
The second reason has to do with the release of the SSD reader coupled with the lack of media options currently. This is another expense all RED ONE owners are currently considering to maintain marketability.
And yes I'll be honest and echo Peter Matthes earlier post... Another factor in this is of course the fact that I'm pretty fond of my Red One at this point but that aside there are real and present financial concerns.
So Jim or Jarred... it'd just be cool to know which way the wind is blowing on this particular subject.
This is a question really aimed at Jim or Jarred. And yeah... clearly you guys are crazy busy and doing some amazing things and this kind of stuff is the last thing on your minds but here goes:
Several times the possibility of a 2.5 option has been discussed and even acknowledged by Jim as being "under consideration." This would ideally be something that, while not in anyway discounting the commitments of those who jumped headlong into stage 2, would allow us devoted RED ONE owners that for whatever reason, financial or otherwise, are in stage 3 to keep our RED ONES when we upgrade to Epic, for a higher price tag of course. It would be very useful at the current time to know if this is still under consideration or if any decisions have been made for two reasons.
First, some stage 3 owners may have just recently upgraded to MX or may be considering the MX upgrade to maintain viable marketability on themselves and their red one's in their respective markets... a sizable investment. I think many forget that upgrading the MX in some places may have been market driven in order to keep the camera renting while waiting for Epic... its not always a personal choice by the owner; it in many cases is market driven... as this is in every respect a professional camera.
The second reason has to do with the release of the SSD reader coupled with the lack of media options currently. This is another expense all RED ONE owners are currently considering to maintain marketability.
And yes I'll be honest and echo Peter Matthes earlier post... Another factor in this is of course the fact that I'm pretty fond of my Red One at this point but that aside there are real and present financial concerns.
So Jim or Jarred... it'd just be cool to know which way the wind is blowing on this particular subject.