Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

Sony sd 8" monitor & tuner

Mitch Gross

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 7, 2007
Messages
3,657
Reaction score
0
Points
0
No, you can't monitor the RED One directly with this. But if you want to transmit video wirelessly for a direcor or others to see, then you downconvert the signal and use a device like a Modulus or Canatrans. This is the perfect companion to that.



Sony 8' PVM-8041Q SD monitor. 4:3/16:9 switchable. Runs off AC or 12vdc or 2x NP-1 battery slots. Porta-Brace bag with fiber hard case.

Sony TU-1041 broadcast tuner. Runs off AC or 12vdc or 1x NP-1 slot. With Porta-Brace bag.

This is the kit that I used for years to wirelessly monitor the tap on my Aaton package. I modified the antena connector on the tuner to a BNC and added a 12" whip antenna from Wolf Seeberg. The bag for the tuner straps to the side of the bag for the monitor (Porta-Brace is so clever that way) and I made a v-split XLR4 cable to power both units from a single 12v brick, which I would put in the expandable side pocket on the other side of the monitor. I also have some BNC cables & adapters and even the remote for the tuner. The full kit all straped together ready to use fits inside the fiber case. Very quick & easy to use.

Note, these tuners are impossible to find these days and are a perfect companion to the Modulus and Canatrans transmitters. This is a great, portable and professional setup.

Asking US$500 for the complete kit.


Mitch Gross
 
Back
Top