C. Burkhart
Well-known member
- Joined
- Apr 19, 2015
- Messages
- 436
- Reaction score
- 0
- Points
- 16
Another one of my Sony PCM-D50 units has gone on the blink.
Fairly sure the issue is corrosion inside. If I jiggle the mic/input switch I get a quick blink from the limiters led and levels and then nothing sound wise (actually can blow hard into the mics and do get something). Probably needs to be cleaned by a pro, but so far here in Paris, France the cost Sony is asking is more than picking up a used unit. If someone can recommend an inexpensive service that would be welcome, but.....has anyone ever opened up one of these units and attempted to do the cleaning themselves?
Fairly sure the issue is corrosion inside. If I jiggle the mic/input switch I get a quick blink from the limiters led and levels and then nothing sound wise (actually can blow hard into the mics and do get something). Probably needs to be cleaned by a pro, but so far here in Paris, France the cost Sony is asking is more than picking up a used unit. If someone can recommend an inexpensive service that would be welcome, but.....has anyone ever opened up one of these units and attempted to do the cleaning themselves?