Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

Sony launching 4K TV this year

Wow, speculated at 30,000. Happy the new age of 4k tv's is finally starting though
 
That's for an 80" screen. Let's hope the smaller ones are more affordable. Been waiting for 4K display for a long time...maybe Red Ray Pro will come out before then? Right Jarred?
 
You would need 4x the resolution not double.

Maybe Red ray will be ready by then. Then again... even with red ray almost nothing is getting finished in 4k so there's nothing to encode.
 
You have the ability to master in 4k Gavin! You could watch your own stuff!

(I typed that in a motivational voice if you didn't catch it)
 
You have the ability to master in 4k Gavin! You could watch your own stuff!

(I typed that in a motivational voice if you didn't catch it)

Great I can watch a feature every 10 years. ;)
 
FWIW I am looking for folks interested in 4K mastering for a project I am speccing. Amongst our goals is to create a viable 4K authoring environment that does NOT require a huge financial investment.

Nobody is any more excited about what RED Ray and the RED Laser Projector will bring to us 4K fiends but in the meantime...

If this interests you please PM me.

Cheers - #19
 
Back
Top