Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

SmallHD AC7 Review, non-OLED

Jett He

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 6, 2012
Messages
294
Reaction score
0
Points
16
Location
Los Angeles
Just did a quick review on this monitor. I am currently having issues with the RED ONE, but looks like the only solution is use 720p with NO menus.
Overall it's a Great monitor, very sharp and vibrant. Can't wait to test the OLED model.

 
Its good to know that the mounting points are on the top and bottom. I was gonna buy one based on the dp6 which a buddy of mine owns and I usually end up attaching to the side instead to get some extra stretch and maneuverability. This might change my purchase choice.
 
Great review, thanks.
I'm looking at purchasing this monitor, can you confirm that the focus assist did work once you switched to 720p with no menus?
 
Jett, thanks for the review. How did you enable the goal posts to be shown on your monitor?
Could you tell me the menu path to do that?
Thanks,
Scott
 
Jett, thanks for the review. How did you enable the goal posts to be shown on your monitor?
Could you tell me the menu path to do that?
Thanks,
Scott

Goal post? Not sure what you mean, but I added some screen effects using after effects
 
Goal posts meaning the histogram/exposure tool. Also my monitor (AC7 also) does not show the audio bars either.
Someone from Red told me to do this, but the exposure tool and audio bars still didn't show:
SYSTEM > MONITOR > PREVIEW
> > TURN THE JOYSTICK UNTIL PVW OUTPUT says MENUS
> (DVI)
 
I assume that my audio bars didn't show is because I didn't have a mic attached to it. You can set the exposure and histogram in the EVF menu.
 
Back
Top